18 | i'm still gone early in the morning

Buck was not looking forward to this morning, especially as Lily stirred in the bed, waking up with a yawn. He had decided to finish the album and attempt a second tour. He knew that if he did it differently from last time, it could be a good time for everyone, hopefully. This time, Lily would stay with him the whole way.

"Good morning," she said to Buck as she got ready for the day. "What are we doing right now?" Lily inquired, looking forward to the day's adventure.

Buck took a deep breath and Lily asked him, "Is everything okay?"

"Babe, Sem texted me last night and something came up," he said. Lily tipped her head, not knowing where this was going. "If I can get my album done in the next month and a bit, they want me to headline for the next tour," Buck told her. "I mean, it's actually good news."

"Next tour?" Lily inquired because she had not been told about a tour. "Yeah, that's it. They want us to do another one, and it's set up and ready to go. They just need to know if I'm on board." Buck clarified, "The only thing is that if I want it done in time, I'd have to go home as soon as possible."

"So we'd go now?" Lily inquired.

"Lily, we can absolutely stay if you really want. But I want to do it right this time because this is just another huge opportunity for me." Buck hoped she would accept his reasoning.

Lily let out a sigh, anticipating this to happen. "We can leave, I understand completely. I'm glad for you. But are you sure that something like a tour is a good idea now? Are you okay with it? Do you believe you can handle this time?" Concerned about repeating the previous time, Lily began spitting out a million questions. "Yes, it will be okay. We're going to make it safe for me," Buck said, elaborating on what Sem had told him.

"Well, at least we were away for one night." Lily designed as she began to repack her belongings and change into a pair of pink leggings and a white cropped t-shirt for the drive back. She was disappointed, but if she was dating a successful musician, what else could she expect?

Buck said, "I'm sorry babe," and Lily said, "Don't be." Buck would be delighted to see the guys and Sem once more. Except for Hackle and Turn. She hadn't talked much with them since Buck started rehab. She lost contact with most of them after tour, but she was worried a lot about Buck going on tour again because she wasn't sure if he was ready or strong enough to do the thing that sent him to his lowest point. He would be surrounded by opportunities to quickly undo so much work.

She just didn't want to see him suffering and struggling again. But she didn't want to hold him back or make him believe he couldn't do things again.

I'm gonna be on the tour

"I'm gonna be on the tour" was liked by Sem, Goner, Turn, and two other people.

omw home to finish the album.

Sem fuck yeah, let's finish this thing.

Asuka will Lily be there?

Buck Yup.

Lily i am

Turn Nice! it wasn't the same after you left the last time

Buck yeah we all love u too much u gotta stay

Lily Buck i am sitting right beside u, u don't have to text it to me

Buck oh well Buckshot staying sober on this one, clean as fuck

Sem proud of u man

Turn u got this, great work

Goner congrats!

"Who are you always texting?" Buck asked observing that Lily had been glued to her phone for the majority of the drive. "We're catching up, me and Asuka." She stated, "That's fine, I'm sure she misses you and that she's not the only girl who has to stay with us." Buck chuckles.

"I remember you asking to move to a bigger place. What do you think about finding a place after the tour?" We can continue living here for another month or so, okay?" Buck asked, recalling the conversation randomly. "Hey, that seems like a plan to me," Lily smiles.

Lily enjoyed driving with Buck because they could laugh, sing, have fun, and just be themselves. Like never before, she didn't have to worry about being judged by anyone when she was with him, and she smiled wildly as Buck focused on the road.

When they got home, Buck immediately called Sem and began working on the remainder of the album, and Lily unpacked their belongings from their brief trip. "Hey, the kitchen doesn't have any paper towels left. Gonna get some more, 'n' go grab some rolls while you guys are busy with that." Buck expressed his love for her as she left the room. "Bye, love you."

"You just gotta be able to keep her busy for a few hours, or get Asuka or someone," Buck used her absence to talk to Sem about something he had planned. Something big. "I think that's a good idea" Buck said, "then everything else i'll handle and it'll be perfect." Sem loved Buck's plan and replied, "I can do that." It was flawless. Lily wouldn't even know.

Buck had written a rough version of each song, and while Sem experimented with some beats, he worked on tweaking the lyrics and changing things he no longer liked. He wanted to finish the album by the end of the month so he could plan, pack, and get ready before they left for another tour. The album would come together eventually.