Chapter 27

Previously on Chapter 26

"He'll be fine... that boy is determined. He have a reason to fight. You..." he said, giving me a comforting smile. I blink my eyes at his choice of words. I didn't expect Mr. Tosaki to comfort me. I give him a gratitude smile. I have to believe in Kei. He will be alright... I'm sure he will.

-Final Battle-

Y/N P.O.V

I clutch onto the sniper I have in my hand, leaning my back against the wall. It took every fiber in my body to not run off towards the direction Kei and the others went off to. I'm worried about Kei's well being. I don't want him to get hurt.

I hear a sound and turn my head, pointing the sniper at whoever it is. I let out a sigh of relief when I see it's one of the guy that just joined us. "Sorry..." I said, lowering the sniper.

"It's okay... it's not like I can die anyway" he said. I let out a chuckle and lean my back against the wall again. I stare at the ground, wondering what brought him here. I turn my head to look at him as he leans on the wall next to me.

"What did you say your name was?" I asked, breaking the silence. He turns to look at me. "I'm Okuyama Masumi. You are L/N Y/N, right? You're Kei's girlfriend" he said. I hum softly and nod my head.

"I am... we've just started dating a few days ago" I said, staring at my feet. He hums softly and stays silent for a few seconds. "I ought to let you know..." he said. I turn my head to look at him.

"What?" I asked. He turns to look at me with a serious expression. "Sato want you. He wants whatever you are capable of. He's intrigued with your abilities. He told us that he wants to try everything to get you on his side..." he said. My eyes widened at what he said.

"W-What? He... h-he said t-that to you?" I stuttered out. He nods his head. "So you have to be careful, L/N..." he said. I just nod my head. He pat my shoulder and walks away, without saying anything else.

I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "God... what now? Why me? All I wanted was a normal life, and a chance to live a peaceful life with Kei... why did you give all these trials on my shoulder?" I said, running my shaky hand through my hair. There is no way I'll let Sato have his way. There's no way I'll let him use me for all of his wicked plans.

I hear rapid footsteps and turn my head, noticing Kei and the other two running towards us. "Kei!" I said, relieved that my boyfriend is okay. He rushes towards me. I wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around me.

"You're okay... thank goodness" I said, smiling happily as a tear slip from my right eye. "Yeah... I'm okay, Y/N" he said. I notice blood on his shirt and stare at him with a worried gaze.

"It's fine..." he said. We turn our head as Sato comes into view, along with his loyal sidekick... Tanaka. I lift my sniper, ready to fight if he tries anything. He stare at Kei who's shielding me, as he tries to protect me.

"Sato told me that he wants you on his side" Kei said, in a low tone just loud enough for me to hear. I nod my head at what he said. "Yeah, I know about that too... Okuyama warned me about it earlier" I said. He turns to look at me briefly before turning to look at Sato.

"Like hell he's going to get you. I won't let that happen" he said. He lift his hand and pressed the trigger. The roof above Sato and Tanaka explodes. Sato looks amused at this and do something with his phone as well. He turn to look at me.

"I will get you on my side... no matter what" he said, as he gets buried. The ground below us starts shaking. Kei holds me tightly in his arms, as the ground collapses. I scream as I shut my eyes tightly, and everything went dark.

***

"Y/N? Y/N... please. Wake up, Y/N!" I heard someone said, while shaking me. I force my eyes to open. My eyes met with a pair of worried red eyes.

"Kei..." I said, worriedly. I try to move, but my feet is stuck. I turn my head to see a large boulder on top of it. "My foot is stuck..." I said, as I try to move it. Kei nod his head.

"Yeah, I know... I'm so sorry, Y/N. This is all my fault. I shouldn't have let you come" he said, as tears starts to stream down his cheeks. I lift my hand and cup the side of his cheek.

"I'll be fine..." I said. I turn my attention to the boulder and lift my hand. I focus on my telekinesis and move it out of the way. I turn to look at Kei and smiles softly at him. "See?" I said. He said nothing and just pulls me into a tight hug.

I hear a sound of laughter and turn my head. Sato walks towards us, with a smirk on his face. "The plan failed..." Kei said. I can hear the fear in his voice. I turn my head to look at him.

"Kei, go... get out of here" I said. He turn to look at me and shake his head. "No. Are you crazy? How could you even think that I'm going to leave you behind? We're getting out of this place together" he said. He throw my arm around his shoulder and helps me stand up. I wince in pain, and let out a pained cry.

"I'm sorry... hang in there, please. I'll find help once we get out of here" he said. I nod my head at what he said. "Okay..." I said, weakly. I start limping with Kei holding me for support.

I hear Sato laughing behind us as we try desperately to get away from him. I bit my lips as I start to feel anxious. What can we do to stop that guy. Nothing we do seem to work. He's truly a monster.

*to be continued*