Chapter 1

Reki's vision began to blur as his t-shirt soaked with a crimson red. Unable to move, he could still feel the warmth of the sun caressing his now pale skin. As Reki struggled to keep his eyes open, he faintly listened to an unknown voice call his name from the distance.

It was a beautiful sunny day, and Reki was currently fighting to keep himself alive.

The irony with it all.

Reki's eyes trailed around his surroundings, in the hopes to find Langa close by. He truly didn't know why he was looking for Langa, but he did know that he could feel his heart sink and his stomach tighten. Tears formed in Reki's eyes, which only caused his vision to worsen.

Langa wasn't here.

As Reki's eyes began to close, he found himself still seeking to find Langa. His breath began to become more shallow and short. Reki started to lose consciousness as his body finally stopped fighting; letting himself fall into a deep slumber.

Suddenly, two hands were placed on the sides of Reki's face. Their hands were so soft and gentle, Reki found it comforting. A voice calmly said Reki's name; one that he could distinctly recognize.

Langa?

"Hey, Reki. It's time for you to wake up. Class is over." Langa said as he started to shake Reki's face.

Reki's body jolted awake and he woke up in a cold sweat. Langa's eyebrows furrowed, noticing the distress on the red-headed boy's face. Before Langa could say anything, Reki swiftly took hold of one of Langa's wrists to make sure he was real.

"Hey, are you okay?" Langa questioned, feeling Reki's grip tighten.

Reki sat up and let out a breath of relief once he realized it was all just a dream. One could say it was more of a nightmare. He gave Langa a quick smile before letting go of his wrist.

The dream felt so real. But alas. No point in dwelling over something that never really happened.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm kind of hungry though..." Reki attempt to change the topic, letting out a quiet yawn in the process.

"You should come over. My mother is cooking something to eat!" Langa suggested with a soft smile, as he extended his hand out for Reki to take it.

Reki planned to come over uninvited anyways, but still took Langa's hand. Langa pulled Reki out of his chair and they both made their way out of the classroom. Both of them rambled on about literally quite nothing, while they walked to Langa's house.

"I can't believe this school year is almost over..." Langa let out a quiet sigh as he spoke.

"That just means we have more time to learn new tricks in the summer. Oh, and I've been working on this new skateboard design for you. I think you'll like it!" Reki spouted out ecstatically.

Langa's eyes lit up out of excitement as well, but his smile faded just as fast. Silence filled the air. Reki glanced at Langa when Langa awkwardly said his name.

"Hey, Reki..." Langa seemed like wanted to tell Reki something, but he stopped.

Reki was confused by Langa's sudden mood change, but he didn't want to question it. It didn't take them too long to get to Langa's house. Just as Langa predicted, Mrs. Hasegawa was cooking some food that made Reki's mouth water just from the smell.

"Hi mom, I'm home!" Langa said while he placed his backpack on a chair.

"Hi sweetie, oh and you brought Reki with you. How are you love?" Mrs. Hasegawa asked Reki, as she placed some plates on the table.

"Always better when I get to taste your delicious food, Mrs. Hasegawa." Reki responded, causing Mrs. Hasegawa's smile to widen.

Reki's eyes glanced at the window, noticing the rain that began to fall. As he refocused his attention back on Mrs. Hasegawa, Reki watched as she waved her hand in a fluttering motion. Langa just smiled at how well Reki and his mother got along.