Chapter 2

Text
"Reki. Hey Reki, wake up." A muffled voice said as they shook the sleeping boy.

Reki's eyes opened suddenly, exposing a blue-haired boy peering down and him. Langa watched as his friend slowly regained his consciousness. Reki couldn't help but notice the blue jacket that fit snuggly against Langa's arms.

"Reki what is this place, how did we get here, and who are all of these people?!" Langa questioned slightly panicking.

Langa started to get overwhelmed from the lack of memory of how the two arrived. Unintentionally Langa found himself clutching onto Reki's jacket in a panicked state. Reki took a hold of Langa's hands that tightly gripped around his coat.

"Hey Langa, you're okay. We are fine. We probably just fell asleep on the way here. It was pretty late when we left." Reki tried to reassure him, " Now that you mentioned it, there is a lot of people here."

Langa and Reki's eyes scanned the room, seeing many faces they didn't recognize. Langa just observed as Reki began to stand up. The room was lively as other players talked amongst each other.

"You wouldn't leave me right, like for a different player or anything?" Langa questioned looking for reassurance.

"Of course, I wouldn't leave you." Reki answered, "Why are you so skeptical all of a sudden?"

Langa just smiled in response. Langa was about to answer until he noticed a familiar face in the distance. He just grabbed a hold of Reki's arm to not lose him throw the crowd of people, pulling Reki with him to the person he recognized.

"You're here too?" Langa asked, giving Miya a soft smile.

"Yes, I thought it might be a fun way to pass some time." Miya said leaving out major details, "What are you two doing here?"

Reki and Langa looked at each other, hoping the other would answer. Neither of them was able to give Miya a forward answer. It just sounded like a jumbled mess of one of them interrupting and the other apologizing.

"You know what, I just lost interest in this conversation." Miya bluntly said.

"Awe doesn't be like that, I know you're happy to see us!" Reki teased while pulling on Miya's cheeks.

Miya didn't say anything, he just averted his eyes at Reki's statement. All three of them jumped when an arm was wrapped around Langa's shoulder and a hand grabbed Reki's ear. Miya tried his best not to laugh as he listened to Reki beg for Langa's help.

"You little shit, what were thinking talking to a stranger at midnight?!" Cherry began to scold Reki for how irresponsible he was, "Do you not understand how dangerous that could have been?!"

"Yes Kaoru, he was being careless. Now loosen your grip on the poor child." Joe tried to calm him down, moving cherry's death grip away from Reki's ear.

Cherry flicked Joe's forehead in annoyance. Joe rubbed his head in pain as he glared at Cherry. Cherry just scuffed and turned his head in disgust.

"How many times do I have to tell you not to call me by my name?!" Cherry said coldly, not even giving Joe the time and day.

"Well, excuse me, your majesty!" Joe sarcastically replied.

Joe and cherry continued to go back and forth, while the three boys just watched them squabble. Miya smiled turn his head to look at Reki and Langa. Langa and Reki were too busy trying to figure out why Cherry and Joe were here, to begin with.

"You know, this might be fun now that you all are here." Miya said out loud, "but if you ever tell anyone I said that, I will deny it."

Reki just laughed, putting Miya in a headlock as Langa gave him a noogie. Miya just tried to escape Reki's grasp, which made the boys torment him even more. Everyone stopped what they were doing when a man and guards walked in wearing masks.