2

The arrival of the new year comes with new hope and new resolutions. Teenagers were having a blast on New Year, and many were praying to crack some exams. The large skyscraper of the city brightened with thousands of lights making it look alluring. The people were admiring the fireworks.

Zaanyah sighed, taking a sip of her coffee. She looked outside at the floor-to-ceiling window and she heard her mobile ring. It was a meeting call from the states. Keeping the cup on the table, she answered the call.

If you see this project make your company more money you'll be known around the world." the person on the other side said ensuring a good outcome if she signed the deal.

Who didn't want to work with her?

The most reputed and richest company around the globe!

Mr. Harrington if you're bribing me then rest assured you aren't getting this deal.

I don't like hungry donkeys who only know how to make others work but never lift a pin with themselves. And no thank you for wasting my precious time." Zaanyah ended the call by rubbing her temple. A knock resounded in her room

"Zaanyah, why are you up?" Zabi entered the room half past one, shaking his head. He placed the tray on the table where a half-filled mug of coffee was placed.

Zaanyah glanced at the tray full of her favorite delicacies, her mouth watered and her stomach growl much to Zabi's amusement.

I know that you always wanted to eat something at this time." Zabi took out the one-pot pasta and sided with PITA bread and some soup.

Baba, you're the best! Zaanyah squealed, hugging her father who patted her back.

Yeah I know I'm the best father of the best daughter!" Zabi smiled

He still remembers her childhood; his princess grew up now.

He was still ashamed of ignoring her before. She is the daughter of a woman, and he loved that woman from the bottom of his heart. She was made out of love.

'His precious doll!'

"Why are you drinking that awful drink?" Zabi made a disgusting face at the coffee. He took a sip but spit-out

"Yuck! This is horrible!"

"Start drinking chai, Allah knows what is so special in that rubbish beverage." Zabi started but was interrupted by Zaanyah.

"Baba not again. Last time you lectured me for one - hour straight about drinking coffee." Zaanyah sighed God knows what enmity her father had with coffee.

"Okay okay." Zabi collected all the dishes and placed a quick kiss on his daughter's forehead as he walked out of her room.

The sound of adhan echoed in the surrounding proclamation of the dawn!

The beautiful voice echoed

Ash-hadu an-laa ilaaha il-lal-lah

"I bear witness that there is no god except the One God"

Ash-hadu anna Muhammadar-Rasool-ullah

"I bear witness that Muhammed is the messenger of God"

Hayya 'alas-Salah (recited twice): It means "Come to pray"

Hayya 'ala-l-Falah

"Come to success"

As-salatu Khayrun Minan-nawm

"Prayer is better than sleep."

(This verse is only included in the morning call for prayer.)

Allahu Akbar