ɪɪ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

CHAPTER TWO

❝𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐎 𝐏𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐑 𝐆𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍.❞ The crisp afternoon air hung heavy as the three genin stared at their teacher with wide eyes, confused. The purple-haired woman simply stared back at them, a small grin painting her tanned face as she leaned against the railing of the rooftop.

"Wha-Whaddya mean one more test?! Iruka-sensei already told us that we passed the graduation exam!" Daichi sputtered out. His eyebrows were furrowed at their sudden predicament. Eri nodded at his words, locking her golden eyes onto their teacher's nonchalant figure. What was this supposed to mean?!

Ryuu raised his hand quietly, "Could you please explain? I don't think we quite understand."

Tsubaki hummed for a moment before speaking. "While it is true that you passed the graduation exam, that was only to pick out the candidates for this test." She started, gauging the reactions of the three. Expectedly, they were surprised.

"Out of the 27 graduates who just came here, only twelve will actually be accepted as genin. The other 15 will be weeded out and sent back to the academy." She smirked "In other words, this is a make-it-or-break-it, pass-or-fail type of test."

Eri stared at the ground in thought. If we fail, we're sent back to the academy... The thought of going back after the amount of work she put in to graduate as part of the top 5 in her year group irritated and motivated Eri.

It seems her teammates were on the same page as her because they stared at their teacher with determination. Daichi slapped his cheeks and grinned, forgetting the momentary frustration he felt, and jumped up.

"Alright, bring it on!" He yelled, "We're ready for anything, right guys?!" The brunette turned to his teammates, prompting them to nod in agreement, also standing up.

"Y-Yeah!" Ryuu weakly yelled. Daichi laughed and slapped his back lightly, amused by his meek cheering. 

He pumped a fist in the air in determination, "That's what I'm talking about, Ryuu! We can do it!" 

"We can do it!!" The smaller boy chorused.

While the two motivated each other, Eri turned to their teacher who was watching the scene in amusement. The blonde's cat-like eyes locked with her teacher's round brown ones.