1 SIN

❝IT WAS A SIN TO LUST AFTER HIS LEADER'S WOMAN, BUT JUNG TAEJU COULDN'T CONTROL HIMSELF ANYWAY❞ 

If anyone outside of Dongcheon's ranks were to see the picture in front of them, they would be absolutely dumbfounded. The infamous head of Dongcheon, Choi Mujin, sat in an uncomfortable hospital chair next to a female patient's bed. To his right was his most trusted man, Jung Taeju, who had served him faithfully and loyally for several years. He watched the doctor in charge with hawk eyes as she did a standard checkup on the female patient. He had demanded the most experienced doctor of the facility to execute a thorough examination of her. 

"Can you tell me your name please?" Dr. Kim asked the female patient as she shined a medical flashlight in each of the patient's eyes. 

"I... don't know." The female patient answered back with a frown on her face. 

"Can you recall any personal information? Age? Profession?" Dr. Kim frowned as she noticed the multiple bruises scattered across her body. It seemed as if the bruises became increasingly black and blue as the disappeared under the patient's hospital gown. In addition to the bruises, the female patient suffered from a severely fractured broken leg.

"I... can't remember anything. I don't know why." The female patient muttered as she nervously twiddled her fingers together. 

Dr. Kim warily glanced at the two men sitting in the room with the confused patient. In her thirty years of working at the hospital facility, she had seen countless cases similar to the female patient's. It was not uncommon for her to see the occasional female patient who suffered from signs of abuse. 

" Mr. Choi Moojin, was it? What is your relation to the patient?" Dr. Kim prodded as she checked the female patient's heart rate with her stethoscope against her chest. 

"Husband." Dr. Kim raised an eyebrow at the revelation. The man seemed to be significantly older than the female patient, maybe in his late thirties or early forties. 

"Husband?" The female patient gasped. She was lost and confused about how she ended up in the hospital and who the two scary men were surrounding her, but she didn't have to be a genius to know that the aura that emanated from both men was dangerous. "This ahjussi?"

The man sitting next to Choi Moojin in the hospital room couldn't keep his composure anymore and burst out laughing. At the sound of his warm laugh, the female patient found her eyes gravitating towards him. 

Mujin glared at him and Taeju suddenly coughed before maintaining his strict composure once again. "Sorry, sir." 

Dr. Kim finished her examination before voicing her opinion once again, "Judging by her injuries, it seems that the patient suffers from dissociative amnesia. She is unable to recall any personal information including name, age, and profession due to a traumatic event." 

Mujin's right-hand man, Jung Taeju, had troubled expression on his handsome face. "Dissociative amnesia? Until when will she recover?" 

"It's hard to tell. It can lasts for days, months, or even years." Dr. Kim answered. "I would suggest that you register her for psychological therapy. It might help her recover her memory sooner." 

"Understood." Mujin gritted his teeth as he fought hard to control his anger and left the room to calm himself down. His wife had rarely ever seen him angry and he didn't plan on showing this side of himself to her, especially in her current condition. "Discharge her as soon as possible." 

"Who am I?" The female patient muttered to herself. "How did I get here? And where's my family?" 

It hurt Taeju to see her being lost and confused about who she was, where she came from, and who her family was. He desperately wanted to hold her close and tell her that it was going to be okay, that he would be there for her at every step of the recovery process, but it wasn't his place. He was the right hand man of Dongcheon and he had no right to be having these thoughts about his leader's wife. So, he did the only thing he could do, he told her bits and pieces of the truth. 

"Your name is Aera. You're twenty-one years old." Taeju answered her questions. "And Dongcheon is your family." 

"Thank you..." Aera felt slightly better after receiving some answers to her questions, but she couldn't help but wonder what the relationship between him and her was. He seemed to know a great deal about her and she wondered why because he wasn't her husband. "And who are you?" 

"Jung Taeju."

"How do you know me?" Aera inquired. 

"I was—am your bodyguard." He caught his slip-up before he accidentally told the truth. 

"Is that all?" Aera prodded. She felt that he was hiding something, but she didn't know what. 

"...Yes." Taeju remained silent for a minute before answering her question. Before she could prod for more answers, Dr. Kim and Choi Mujin had returned with the discharge papers.

"Congratulations, Aera." Dr. Kim smiled warmly at her before handing her a package. "You're getting discharged today."

"What is this?" She questioned looking at the package she received. 

"They're dietary supplements. You're severely malnourished. Make sure to take them." Dr. Kim stared at her eyes as if she were trying to tell her something. 

"Gentlemen, please leave the room. The lady needs to get dressed before her departure." Dr. Kim urged them and let out a breath once the door clicked behind them. 

"Aera, you know you can tell me anything right?" Dr. Kim reached for Aera's hands. "I left my phone number inside one of the dietary supplement bottles. If you need anything and I mean anything, please feel free to reach out." 

"Why would I need to reach out?" Aera inquired. 

"Those men... they're not normal men, Aera. They're part of Dongcheon, an illegal drug organization." 

Suddenly, the two of them heard knocks on the hospital door and the two froze before Dr. Kim quickly recovered. 

Before she opened the door, Dr. Kim warned Aera once more and whispered, "Be careful." 

"She's ready for discharge." Dr. Kim announced. "Make sure that she stays off her right leg for six to eight weeks." 

"Mr. Choi Mujin... as you are her legal guardian, I need you to sign here and here on these papers." Dr. Kim handed him the clipboard with her discharge papers. 

Jung Taeju approached the hospital bed with a wheelchair and offered a hand to Aera to help her off the bed. Aera hesitated before accepting his help into getting into the wheelchair. Taeju felt a shiver in his spine as her cold hand grasped his warm one. It was moments like these that made Taeju's heart waver, but he knew he had to remind himself that he was her bodyguard and nothing more. After all, it was a sin to lust after his leader's woman, but what he didn't know was that he wouldn't be able to control himself anyway. 

hi everyone x 

this is the first fanfic i've written in three years! i've developed an unhealthy liking to villains lately and after watching netflix's my name, i'm obsessed! and thus, "sin" was born! i can't wait to reveal some twists and turns in the near future! i'm also having a hard time choosing a female faceclaim for his story, so we'll have to make due with the ugly cover so far xoxoxoxo 

-love shirley x