The Grocery Store

A couple of months have passed since the first time seeing each other in the coffee shop, after 2 years. And Helena was kinda hoping they would run into each other because she was bummed that they didn't exchange numbers. So for the past couple of weeks after she started looking extra closely everywhere she went just in case. Then one day she forgot to look for Emma and just as she was leaving the library she spotted Emma walking just around the corner and good thing she was going that way! She started walking faster but not weirdly (or she thought so) and right when she was turning the corner Emma walked into a store Helena went in but she didn't want to act like she was following her so she was in an aisle just hoping Emma would see her. After about 5 minutes while Helena was looking at different kinds of soup Emma walked over (secretly for fun) and whispered what kind of soup do you need? And Helena jumped because she was thinking about what she would say to Emma when she came over. And Emma was laughing and Helena was trying to act chile so she asked Emma what she was looking for, Emma replied that she was actually kind of in a hurry because it was her mother's birthday and she was getting last-minute supplies. Helena didn't hesitate she was gonna get that number this time she was making sure it happened! Helena Started by saying before you leave can we switch numbers so we can keep in touch, they switched numbers then they separated ways and the second Helena made sure she was out of earshot of Emma she squealed because she was happy that she had her old friend back.