Part 1

It was a beautiful day at my house. I was in bed pretending to sleep so my mother wouldn't wake me up. I heard foot steps came closer and closer. "Rise and shine, darling." My mother said while wearing her fake smile 24/7. "Mom, what are you doing? Is so early." I moaned and covered my face with my pillow. "Is already 9:30. We are leaving at 10:00 sharp whether you're ready or not." My mother scoffed. I give my mother a death stare. "We're leaving? Wait, what are you talking about?" I ask.

"We're moving to China, you silly." My mother responded. We're moving to China? Wait, you didn't tell me that?" I ask confusedly. She took a deep breath and said. "Do I have to tell you everything? We're going to be late. Hurry up, get dressed and pack everything." My mother said and stormed downstairs. I rolled my eyes and start getting dressed. I start packing my favourite books, clothes, makeup and jewelry.

After I was done, it was so heavy that I almost fell. I went downstairs and screamed. "Mom, dad! Could one of you please come and help me with my luggage. It's so heavy!" My dad stopped reading his newspaper and came upstairs. "Sure sweetie." He said and lift it without any hesitation. "Now, honey. Eat breakfast, we're going to be late." My mother said while passing me a plate of two breads, 2 eggs and oatmeal. I took one look at it and complained. "Mom, I told you I hate oatmeal!" She roll her eyes. "You should be grateful that you have something to eat!" She scolded. I start eating the nasty the oatmeal. It was so gross and it tasted like cat food.
"Now hurry up and eat, cause we're leaving." My mother complained and start washing the dishes.

However, I finished it. My dad drove us to the Canada airport. I sat there annoyed. "Why do we need to move to China?" I ask dad. "I got a new job there as a doctor." He said and continued reading his newspaper. I start playing candy crush on my iPhone 13 pro max. After 1 hr of waiting, it's finally our turn.

As we got on the plane, I start placing the luggages on top of shelf and sat down next to mom. While dad, sat behind us with another person. I continued playing candy crush until my mother snatched it away. "Mom? What are you doing?" I ask. "You need to start practicing Chinese." She said. "Mom, I told. I can't speak in Chinese. It's too hard to learn." I complained. "Give me back my phone!" I shouted.

"No!" My mother said. She place her iPad on my table. Start from lesson 1 to lesson 12." She said. I gasped. "Wait! That's so many!" I screamed. "It's either that or you don't get your phone back."she said. I sight  and start lesson 1. Nî jiào shénme míngzì. I ask my mother. "What does that mean?" I ask. She give me a death glare and said. "It's means what's your name." She said. "Amber, that's basic Chinese!" She shouted. After lesson 3, I fell asleep on my mother's shoulders.

After 11 hours and 26 minutes, we arrived. "Why does everything looks so old?" I complained. My parents both glared at me. Well my dad is rich, so we don't have to live in a apartment. My dad brought one of the luxury house in China. I walked in, and it's so big. But, the decorations are so Asian culture.

"Where's my room?" I ask. "Over here." My dad said.  It was massive. I start to unpacked and heard a someone knock. "Oh, sweetheart. Do you mind getting that?" My mother ask. "Yes, mom." I said and open it. "Hi, I'm Harry." A yellow hair boy introduced. "Hi, I'm Amber." I said nervously. "You just moved here?" He ask. "Yeah." I chuckled. He looked around the inside of my house. "Your dad is that rich?" He ask. "Why?" I ask. He chuckled. "That's one of the most expensive house in China." Harry said. I stayed silent. I looked over and there's a park. Harry caught me staring. "Oh, that's our park. You should come." He said. I nodded. "Ok, i'll see you." He said and ran off.

He waved and I waved too while smiling and after he left, I dropped my smile and slam the door. "Honey, who's that?" My mother said while combing her hair. "Some random boy ask me to go play in the park." I said. "You should go." My mother said. I nodded and walked my way to the park. It was full with Asian people and kids playing basketball, ping pong. There's one girl playing the violin. I try to walk to the girl but someone grabbed my arm. It was Harry. "Hey, you made it." He said. "Welcome." He said. "Thanks." I said. "You wanna play with us?" Harry ask. I nodded. I spotted Dre Parker. I ran to him and give him a bear hug.

"Oh my gosh. Amber." He said. "I miss you Dre." I said. "I miss you too." He said. "Why did your parents move to China?" He ask. "My dad got a new job as a doctor here." I said and start walking to the basketball court. "I'll play with you." I said to Harry. "Perfect." He said.  "Hello, is three against you four." Harry said it in Chinese and then he translated in English for Dre and I.

I was the captain of my basketball team in Canada so mostly I score for my team. "Wow, you're great player!" Harry said. I chuckled. "I was the captain of my basketball team at school in Canada." I said. "That's impressive." He said. I caught Dre staring at a Chinese girl and it's the one with the violin. "Dude, you're going to talk to her?" Harry ask staring at Dre. "To who?" He ask. "Her." Harry pointed at the Chinese girl. "I wasn't staring at her." Dre said. "Yeah, you were." He said. "You're going go to talk to her, unless you're scared." Harry tease. "I'm not scared of anything." Dre responded. "Then go, do it." Harry said. Dre sighted and walked up to her.

"Hi, what's up?" He ask. The girl didn't respond. "Oh, I forgot. No English." He said. "Nî hào ma? Ni jiào shénme míngzì?" He ask very poorly. She chuckled. "What language was that?" She said. "You speak English. Me too." He said happily. "So what are you listening to?" He ask. "Bach." She responded while taking her earphones. "Bach, I listen to them all the time, they are tight. Have you ever heard of this?" He ask hand her a little speaker that plays. The girl start smiling and tapping her head to the beat.

"You like that, huh?" He ask and start dancing. Harry smiled and I chuckled. On the other side, Zhaung, a 14 years old boy spotted Dre dancing and called his friends to watch. "May I touch your hair?" The girl ask. Dre stopped dancing. "You wanna touch my hair?" He ask. She nodded. "Um, sure." He said and bend over so she could reach it with her hands. She start giggling and Dre continue to dance when, suddenly a 15 year old boy glared at him.

"You should be practicing." The boy said. "I am." She said. What you're doing you won't need these." He said and tossed the music sheets on the floor. "What's your problem?" The girl shouted and stood up. Dre tries to pick it up however, the boy said "leave it." Dre tries to return it but then the boy smack it on the floor. "Come on dude." Dre shouted.

Dre went over and pick it up again and try to give it back to the girl but, the boy shouted "I said leave it!" The boys tries to smack it again but Dre dodge it and the boy aggressively push Dre on the floor. I saw it and immediately ran over to protect Dre. "Hey, what are you doing?" I ask to the boy. He looked me in the eyes. "Little girl. Please stay out of this." He said and pushed me aside. I ran over to him to stop him but, his friends grabbed my arm and pulling me out.

Dre ran toward the boy but instead, he tripped Dre and Dre fell over. Dre tries again to attack him. The boy bend over and cause Dre to fall over on his stomach. "He just moved here, he doesn't know who you are. Please don't hurt him." Harry said in Chinese trying to defend Dre. "Go away." The boy said. Dre tries to punch the boy. The boy grabbed his arm and punch his stomach then kicked his stomach with full force causing Dre to fall. Everyone start cheering and clapping.

The girl ran to the boy. "That's enough, he didn't do anything wrong." The girl said in Chinese. The boy ignored her. "Still want to fight?" He ask. Dre start coughing and slap the boy's face almost causing him to fall. He glare at Dre and kick his chest, punch his face and kicked his knees. Grabbing Dre on the side and brutally slam Dre on the floor. Then, the boy went on top of him and punch him in the face causing a black eye. I ran to the boy and grabbed his shirt. "Enough! Stop fighting!" I shouted. He looked at me and walked away with his friends.

Harry, the girl and I ran to Dre to check if he's alright. "Are you ok, let me help you." The girl said. "Just leave me alone, I'm fine." Dre moaning. "If you need me, text me." I said and walked my way home.