GOOD-BYE NEW YORK

ALEX SPENT THE LAST FEW WEEKS PACKING FOR COLLEGE

ALEX SPENT THE LAST FEW WEEKS PACKING FOR COLLEGE. Her Room was vacant and empty. Her mom had moments trying to convince her to go to school or that College in California was too far. Alex was in a hurry to meet Gwen at the Korean restaurant for one last meet-up.

Peter slammed into a nearby wall next to her, "Hey! Hi! I gotta talk to you for a second." She snapped her head to look at him. She was walking as fast as her legs could carry her.

"I'm running late right now. I promised I'd meet Gwen to hang out one last time. Then, I have to get my plane ticket from the airport later. On top of that, I still have loads of packing to do." She replied hastily.

"It's just gonna take a second." She looked at her watch before turning her gaze to the disheveled boy in front of her. "Fine, Peter. Talk and walk."

Everything's a mess. Everything's insane. Shh. Shh. My dad, my mom. Everything I thought about them? Lies. Ha! Lies. Lies, lies, lies. Nothing makes any sense anymore. I have to figure out what I'm going to do with Harry. Of course, I want to save him. Do you know? I want to save him because he's my best pal. And what if my blood works? But what if it doesn't? I don't know. I got no idea."

Alex listened as Peter rambled on about the current ordeal in his life. She was nodding and shaking her head at all the right things.

"Oh, God. I got nothing. I got nothing. The only thing I keep coming back to is."-

"Alex! Over here," Peter and Alex looked up. Gwen was waving her down outside at one of the restaurant's tables.

"I gotta...I have to go, Pete. I want to spend the day with Gwen and my parents it's the last day I'm going to see them. I love you, Peter, I do, but...Maybe you're right." Peter looked at her with a complex expression.

"Maybe we are on different paths." Peter felt something drop, his chest felt heavy, and he found himself swallowing several times, trying to get rid of the lump in his throat.

"I have to go Peter, college, and school doing what I love. It's all important to me. I gotta go." Peter watched her walk off and towards Gwen. There was a bright smile on her face when she was with Gwen. It looked like she was wiping away a few stray tears.

Gwen hugged Alex tightly, rocking her back and forth. "Alex, I'm going to miss you so much." Gwen had told Alex about her getting into Oxford. It was a significant accomplishment. The two would be off to college, paving the way for their futures.

"I'm going to miss you two, Gwen. I'm glad you planned this. It's great. How do you think you'll do in Oxford?" Gwen chatted and gushed about the school and its programs, with Alex listening intently.

"...It's amazing that I got in. I mean against someone much younger than me. What about you? How are you and Peter?"

With a deep sigh, Alex had to face the harsh reality. "We're done. I love him, Gwen. I love him more than anything, but I'm hopeful that In the future we can be together. Like you said, 'Don't waste your life living someone else's."

Gwen smiled at her. "You'll be fine, Alex. Peter loves you. I know he does. You two are soulmates. He'll come to his senses." Gwen laid her hand on Alex's hand-squeezing it.

After about an hour of Gwen and Alex hanging out, they ultimately had to say their goodbyes. The two had promised to talk to each other despite the difference in time zones. Alex made plans to have a nice dinner with her parents one last time before she was off into the world.

That evening with her Parents was filled with love, laughter, and happiness. One person was missing, and that was Peter.

Her parents gave her a few words of advice and going away gifts. She realized when she arrived here, she didn't know if she'd like it or enjoy it at all, but she found she had met Gwen and the love of her life, Peter Parker.

"Alright, smile!" Her mom snapped a picture of her-the flash blinding her. "Here's you're coat. It's supposed to be chilly tonight. Your luggage is by the door, and your father is calling you a cab now."

"I love you, mom. I'm going to miss you." Alex hugged her mom. The hug from her mom felt different. It felt firmer and tighter, like it would be the last time she would be hugging her.

Alex shrugged off the feeling. "I love you too, baby. You go out there and be great. Your father and I are so proud of you."

"Alright! Let's go. You've got a plane to catch. That traffic is going to be murder. Hurry, hurry." Once in the cab, one last hug was shared between the three of them. Alex hopped in the cab and stuck her head out the window as the cab began to move.

She waved hard at her parents with a smile. She waved until they became so small and far away. She took out her phone and called the one person she wanted to say goodbye to, but when he didn't answer, she left a voicemail instead.

"Hey, Peter. I'm on my way to the airport right now. I thought this would be easy, I guess, for both of us. But it isn't,"

She could hear her voice cracking as she spoke. She felt somewhat bashful, knowing that the taxi driver was listening

"I wanted to say goodbye to you face to face, and I wanted to give this letter that I didn't get to give you the day of graduation, but I sorta left it with Gwen...It's a long story. Anyways, I think that maybe it's time to let this go. And that's not because I don't love you. It's actually because I do."

With a sigh, Alex sealed her fate with Peter. "so, um...I love you, always. Okay, bye." When Alex looked up, she was stuck in the middle of traffic. The New York City skyline had an orange tint to it. She was hoping she wouldn't be late catching her plane.

There was constant honking between drivers. Suddenly there was commotion between people. Alex saw people getting out of their cars and looking across the bridge. Alex creased her eyebrows and looked up as well.

She felt her heart flutter and her stomach fills with butterflies. "Stop the cab." She asked with a big grin. She failed to notice that they hadn't moved anywhere in the last 10 minutes.

"Lady! I ain't even moving!"

Alex found herself getting out of the cab—rushing to the edge of the bridge.

─────────────────────────────────