Morax himself

Aether POV:

I awoke to sunlight shining through the tent entrance, shit.. I fell asleep, dammit I was supposed to stay up and keep Xiao company! Quickly I crawled out of the empty tent to see Paimon and Xiao sitting outside, clearly not enjoying each other's presence due to the fact they both sat facing away from one another, and crossed their arms.
"Xiao! I'm so sorry I fell asleep, I really wanted to stay up with you and-"
"It's fine, you need rest, but now that you're up we should pack up and get going.. Liyue Harbor is only a few hours away."
-"ooh~ Mr. Grumpy pants has a soft spot for traveler"
He glared at her, then stood up and began taking down the tent. Quickly I rushed over to help so he wouldn't have to do it alone, afterwards my wrists were a little sore. I put the tent away and Paimon, Xiao, and I continued our journey to the harbor.
"Xiao, is there anyone you know in Liyue Harbor.. maybe we could visit them"
"A few, not many worth visiting though."
-"like who!? Tell Paimon!! Pretty please!"
"Mor- uh Zhongli and Ganyu.. I wouldn't mind checking in on them"
"Never heard of them before, well I guess we'll be a while anyway since we're looking to see Morax"
"Morax? What for?"
"About my sister, I never went into detail but.. I believe some sort of god took her, Morax is a god, well an archon.. so I though maybe he'd know of the woman who took Lumine"
Xiao looked down, his expression seeming that he didn't know how to respond.
"I-its alright though, let's just keep walking"
We walked for two hours and Paimon complained every other minute, even though she was floating, but finally we had arrived at Liyue Harbor. It was more beautiful then I had thought, the streets were busy as well. Too busy. We tried to get through the crowds, mostly following Xiao because neither Paimon or I knew where to go, but then I bumped into someone causing them to fall over.
"I'm so sorry, are you alright?"
I extended my hand to help the person stand up, looking down to see a familiar girl with blue hair and golden eyes. She stood up, brushing herself off then looking back at me.
"Oh it's you traveler, it's good to see you"
-"hey Paimon knows you! You're that chef girl!"
"Xiangling is my name actually, and you are... Hmm what was it.. oh! Emergency food!"
-"Hey!"
Xiao stood behind us silently just observing.
"Where are you three headed?"
I glanced over at Xiao to see not even he had an answer, oh well it couldn't hurt to ask
"Um about that, do you know anyone by the name of Zhongli or Ganyu?"
"Hmm Ganyu huh? That girl with horns I believe.. I don't know too much about her sorry, but I do know Zhongli works at the Funeral Parlour, under Miss Tao.. that bitch.. ahah anywho if you're looking for him the Funeral Parlour is that way!"
She pointed her slim hand to the right and we began to head that way after waving bye to her.
For a little bit we just wandered around looking for a place that looked like a funeral parlour until we found it.
-"ooh! Ooh! There! Paimon sees it!"
"Good eye Paimon, let's go"
Xiao knocked at the door and a young man opened it, he looked miserable as he raised his head to see us better.
"May I help you..?"
"We're here to see Mr. Zhongli"
"Come in"
He held open the door and we walked in, the man didn't even bother to tell us where to go... luckily we found help ...quickly
"Boo!"
Paimon screamed and I whipped around startled, as Xiao simply stared at the person.
"Hmm what have we here? Oh, Xiao! Long time no see"
"Xiao, you know her?"
".. unfortunately"
"Me and him go wayyyy back to when I was just a little girl!"
The brunette girl elbowed Xiao playfully with a big smile on her face.
"Soo are you his boyfriend? And um.. dog...?"
-"PAIMONS NOT A DOG-"
I covered Paimon's loud mouth with the back of my hand before returning to look at the girl, ignoring the fact my face was red.
"..no we're just friends"
"Hu Tao.. we're here to see Zhongli, is he here?"
"Yup! The old geezer is right in that room!"
She pointed down the hall to a wooden door, then left us alone to go and see him. Xiao gently knocked on the door, before it quickly opened to a tall man in a suit.
"Xiao, good to see you here"
"Greetings Morax"
-"MORAX-"
Xiao shot Paimon a glare to shut her up,  however my jaw was dropped.
"Morax? I thought we were gonna meet Zhongli"
"I go by both"
I was still in shock I didn't even introduce myself
"This is Aether.. I'm traveling with him and this thing for the time being"
Hearing him say my name brought butterflies to my stomach and blush to my face.
"Interesting, come one in, let's catch up, shall we?"

(Sorry for the short chapter, I don't have many ideas at the moment, but it's gonna progress I promise! I hope you have a good day/night! Love ya!)