Chapter 3

3/15/10,011
Primo Zephia, Origine

"This is a costly disaster! 500 ships along with 250 wyverns were sent to pass through the world gate after the first wave we sent did not return to report their status. As they approached, another fleet, of ships from an unknown power, emerged and attacked our ships and wyverns. After the battle, only 52 of our ships and 28 wyverns returned to retell the tale of what happened. They were defeated at the hands of a smaller force who possess powerful weapons beyond what we can field!"

The Origine Imperium was the most powerful human civilization across the continent of Primo Zephia, neighbored by it's protectorate states of Aclor and Esmar to the south, and it's colonial states around the smaller New Zephia continent just 5,000 kilometers west. Total occupied land mass was equivalent to 4,800,000 square kilometers comprising of plains and forests to the west, and mountains and tundra to the east, with New Zephia comprising almost entirely of arid deserts with most vegetation around the coasts.

The name of the imperium came from that of it's first, now capital city of Origine, meaning origin. This was where the people and history of the imperium first started, built along the western coast, having migrated from the east after the collapse of a once great civilization. For generations they started anew, and eventually returned in a mission of vengeance where they successfully ravaged and destroyed the very race that lead to their downfall.

The dark elves.

Since their crusade against the dark skinned, pointy eared menace, the imperium has expanded it's borders across the continent. For many years, they've dominated and integrated many lesser civilizations under their banner, and converted Aclor and Esmar into protectorate states under their influence. They became the most powerful military force with their armies of soldiers, flocks of wyverns, and fleets of galleons which granted them a huge amount of control over the world sphere of influence.

However something major just took place that threatens the imperium's status of power. 573 galleons, over 2/3 of the entire Imperium Navy has been destroyed, with only 227 ship now remaining, 52 of which witness the destruction and returned to warn the imperium. Adding more salt to the wound was the loss of Grand Admiral Farwood, one of the navy's most decorated officers and most brilliant tacticians regarding naval warfare.

The Imperium Senate has gathered within the senate hall along with the current throned empress as they discussed amongst military leaders, nobles, and land owning lords. The World Gate, an ancient mysterious structure believed to be built by gods, activated and opened a passageway into another realm. The location of said gate was 1,000 kilometers south of New Zephia, putting it as a valuable asset to the imperium. However in their attempt to discover and expand across new land, they only brought death and destruction back through.

"The enemy fleet encountered was reported to use a special kind of rocket like weapon, but larger and that seems to guide itself towards it's target, both on sea and air." One of the military analysts read as they spoke out the detailed reports of the battle. "It is possible that they also were armed with a special cannon that is capable of firing in rapid succession. Unknown avians were also present during the battle where they dropped bombs on our ships with deadly accuracy."

"We lost over 500 ships against a smaller fleet?" One of the generals asked while feeling baffled. Was the navy growing incompetent? "How many ships on the enemy side were they able to sink before retreating?"

"None." The response astonished the senate and brought outcry. "The enemy fleet attacked from a range beyond the capacity of any weaponry we know of. I don't know how they did it, but we could not score a single kill because we never even got close enough!"