Chapter 68- I always lose

Caspar's POV

Everything was perfect until he showed up! I finally thought me and Emma would work, that it would be perfect. But no. Joe always wins, whether it's with crappy things like pranks or important things like love. I always lose.

For all I know they could be fucking, right now. Oblivious to my emotions. I'm human too, I feel things!

Suddenly I felt the vibration from my pocket as Marcus Butler's "Hellooooo" spiralled from my phone. Sophie's caller ID appeared.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT SOPHIE!" I yelled down the phone.

"I needed to warn you that Joe's coming after Emma! He could be there any minute."
"IT'S A LITTLE LATE FOR THAT!"

"Wait what? He's there already?"

"Yes you idiot. Why didn't you call me sooner? I could have got Emma out of here. Now everything is ruined. It's all your fault!"

"Sorry but I was too busy eating away my problems! Joe rejected me too yunno!"

"Tell me you didn't throw yourself at him. Please Sophie, say you didn't."

"I wouldn't call it throwing..."

"GREAT, EVERYTHING IS RUINED AND THEY'RE NOT GOING TO WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH US!"

"I'm sorry Caspar" she hung up, leaving me with an echoing pain and frustration. We disconnected and all I could do was question the who purpose of this. What the point of loving someone that you can never have? Why go through this pain if I'm never going to feel love?

Emma's POV

Maybe I can't trust people because I don't let them in. Maybe I judge people because I was never given a chance growing up. Maybe not everyone was put on this earth to hurt me.

The bitter taste of silence stood still between us. Emotions were sinking in all around my body. My pulse beating roughly through my ears. The harsh cry of silence aches.

"I'm sorry Joe." A faint whisper crawled through my mouth. My eyes began blurring as water stained my cheeks.

"I understand Emma, I really do. You don't love me and I can't make you. I just needed to try once more, or I could never forgive myself for letting you go." His gentle voice said. I could see the weakness in his eyes, he was breaking.

"No, you don't understand" I said, walking towards him "I'm sorry for running away from my emotions. I'm sorry for lacking the courage to forgive you. I'm sorry that I never stopped loving you"

"What?" He said, red eyes darting towards mine.

"Just shut up and kiss me already you idiot!" I laughed, walking towards him and wrapping my arms around his neck. I could feel the cold of his tears collide with mine. Whoever said blood was thicker than water, was wrong. I missed the taste of his lips, soft and passionate. Perfect. Just him and me, like it was supposed to be.

OPINIONS PLEASE!
Comments are literally the best things ever and they mean the world to me. So...yeah! Please let me know what you think, favorite part so far, predictions, or anything!

Thanks
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx