cafe gossip

20th April 2022

Nadia hadn't seen or heard from Charles for the rest o the week after he drove her back home from the gym. They both parted ways once they had came out the elevator that day and hadn't crossed paths since. Nadia was currently sat at a quaint café cross from her long-time friend Jinn. The pair were catching up over lunch, Jinn telling her about her upcoming trips and her activities planned including going to a grand prix – something she had wanted to do for years. She listened intently as her best friend rambled on, having missed her extroverted personality.

"So anyone on the dating scene?"

The questions was so out of the blue that it almost made her spit out her coffee. Nadia looked up to meet Jinn's intrigued face.

"Not really..." At this Jinn perked up, "SPILL" "shhhhh"

At this point she knew Jinn would not let this go, "Just some guy I keep bumping into in my complex"

"Is he hot?" Of course that was her concern, not "Well what do you talk about?" or "Have you been on a date yet?"

"Yeah he is" at that Jinn squealed and Nadia blushed. She had never been a relationship girl in school, always focused on her academics and building her business up from the ground. Now that she thought about it she was verging on 25 and had never experienced a romantic encounter.

Maybe now was her time.

The pair continued to ramble on in meaningful and meaningless conversation, the topic of Charles long discarded and forgotten about. It was then Jinn offered Nadia the extra pass to the Austrian grand prix. Nadia could never refuse her offer, being the kind and openly loving character that she was. So it was settled, they were going to see 20 cars drive round a track and crazy fast speeds for a weekend.

@nadiah4rris posted on their story!