─ act one

To Have and to Hold

"a vow is like a promise. one, that unites two units, devoting themselves to the other. and like a promise, to break a vow is like shattering the Earth from its core."

ACT ONE — SEASON 1

Energy cannot be created, nor will it ever be destroyed. It just is. The greatest thing to ever know: we will be forever. Forever as something new after every ending. To know nothing is ever truly the end. 

Both a beautiful and terrifying notion of life. The belief of reincarnation allows for penance and redemption from the life prior. But that belief makes the mind wonder: what horrors did my hands commit for this agony? What travesties from old hands caused the new to soak in the blood of a child she bore? What did Samara Miller do to lose everything on the day of her love's birth? 

On that very night, a life she created in her own body let out her last breath. Samara remembered her cat-like cries echoing in the hospital room, smiling through her tears at her husband. He could not believe that they created life. 

Energy cannot be created, nor destroyed. 

Sarah's first breath was all that played in Samara's mind. Her baby. Her child. Her blood. It was on his hands. 

On that very night, as the world collapsed in flames and fury, every bit of energy that Samara's soul had gripped onto throughout her life had burned. A lioness sob escaped her cracked lips. Her baby. Her child. Her blood. 

Gone. 

Many people will tell you: once you have a child, to hold that bundle of joy in your hands for the first time, your whole world will change, almost a new beginning. 

But no one ever warns you: once you have lost your child, to watch the life leave their soft eyes, your whole world is different, an indefinite conclusion. 

Samara Miller vowed to never lose another child again,

even at the cost of the world.