' Cheater '

A/N: Just a warning, that i have no writing experience at all, so if its bad im sorry, this story is more of like a practice run for me to work on my writing skills

•.:°❀×═════════×❀°:.•

All tension left Deku as he layed there in a pool of his own blood, eyes closed, awaiting death to come knocking at his door.
But his sense of bliss was interupted by a loud thud, followed by heavy footsteps. Rocks crunched as the unknown entity approached him.
His ears started ringing, drowning out every other sound. His body grew numb and even colder, everywhere except where he was submerged in blood. He couldnt see, hear, or even feel anymore. Whoever or whatever found him, he didn't care, he just wanted the darkness to come and for it to just be over already.
Then the footsteps stopped.
And everything fell away as he caved into the dark black abys of death.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

When he regained consciousness he felt naked and cold, his body was shaking with a lingering sense of filth and muck. He opened his eyes and was met by a dry crumbly ceiling. He tried to tilt his head to observe more of his surroundings, but he couldnt move. His whole body was frozen, except for his eyes. He tried to look down as far as his eyes would let him, it only worked for a few seconds before his vision clouded. He fixed his eyes back on the ceiling, then closed them in defeat.
He didn't know where he was, yet he somehow felt calm. As if no matter what happened, it didn't matter.
How did he get here though-?
It'd give him something to do if he tried to remember, so he thought back and retraced his steps.
The memories were fuzzy, and it took a lot of concentration until he was able to make out the images.
The cliff..
Falling-
And slipping in a pool of his own blood.
He couldn't recall anything after that.

A creaking sound flooded the room, followed by steady footsteps. He could tell by the way they hit the floor that it was tiled. Sounded like fancy clanky buisiness shoes too.
The footsteps stopped.
Deku opened his eyes.
To his left, he could see the top half of a stern looking middle-aged man who was glaring at him through slitted eyes. He was wearing buisiness attire.
' 𝘩𝘈𝘩- 𝘐 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵. '
Another pair of footsteps sounded through the room, echoing louder as they came closer. Whoever the second person was, they didn't stop close enough for him to be able to see.

"Good morning, glad to see that you have finally woken up, " the stern man greeted.

Deku just returned the slitted eyes look.

The man ignored him and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a card from his suit pocket and held it up like some badge, " I am Tanimoto Shichiro, I am a doctor and quirk specialist. " He returned the card to his pocket. "And this, " he gestured behind him, "Is Hayashida Kohaku, he is the head doctor here, and my mentor. "
He lowered his arm, his gaze grew more intense.
"And you young man. You are in stable condition, but you must refrain from any movement while your body is healing. We took the liberty of paralyzing you to ensure that your body is able to heal properly. Its one of our nurse's quirks, Yonamine Aya. She was unable to fully numb out the pain due to its level of intensity, so any deep breathing will be painful. "

'𝘚𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘷𝘦- 𝘢 𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘭𝘺𝘻𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘳𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘰? 𝘞𝘰𝘸, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘢𝘨𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘺, 𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘭𝘴𝘰 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘱𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘴 𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭, .. '

Deku's thoughts started to wonder, his sight drifted to focus unsteadily at the ceiling. But Shichiro snapped his fingers in Deku's face, capturing back his attention.
"I wasnt done, " he stated coldly. "We've discovered something. On your record it states that you have no quirk. However, after you were impaled, with the majority of your organs obliterated, it should be impossible that you're alive at all. Kohaku and i decided to look into it more, and with the help of his own quirk, we were able to find out the general idea of yours." He paused for a moment then continued, "Mr Midoriya, you have a quirk that allows you to cheat death. "

Deku's eyes widened.

"Of course it does have its drawbacks, you're not invincible. And like i stated before, you cant quite die either. Your power has a limit though, so dont worry about living forever and witnessing all your loved ones dying. You're given a certain amount of years, and in that time span death will not be able to take you. We dont know how many years you have, or if it gives you any indicator when the quirk disappears, but it wont reach past 150 years. "

' 𝘊𝘩-𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘵 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘩-? 𝘞𝘢𝘪𝘵- 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘥𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘢𝘯𝘺𝘸𝘢𝘺? 𝘞𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘶𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱!? '

" Woah kid! Calm down, you look terrified! " Shichiro placed his palm on Deku's forehead. "I bet you have alot of questions- ill go and retrieve Aya to unparalyze your neck up so you can speak. "

Shichiro turned and strode toward the door. "Kohaku will watch you while im gone.

━━━━━━༺༻ ━━━━━━

𝙒𝙤𝙧𝙙 𝘾𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩: 920

A/N: JSYK Chapters will be posted very randomly with no actual pattern to them- bc of school and work