Chapter 11: When Wolves Cry Out, Part 3

(Greywater Watch, The Neck, The North, Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, Westeros, GoT Universe)

--------------------------------

Lucion stood atop Greywater Watch's battlements, it wasn't really until you remembered that this castle moved that you felt the urge to throw up. Suffice to say, Lucion was holding it within his gut as best he could.

After striking that deal with R'hllor, he felt a change in his sense of self, he was more aware of fire and heat and gained a lot more strength from it.

But more importantly, that Bow and his new abilities, the Bow was a Goldenhrart Long Bow, and he was looking forward to testing it. Holding his journal in his hands, the one he'd asked for from mother, he opened it and found what he was looking for.

Plans to fortify and develop the North. Ground Zero was Moat Caillin, the Castle would be rebuilt and designed to defend from North and South. But first things first, developing the Land. In ages past Dustins, Ryders, Ryswells, and Reeds paid homage to The Lord's of Moat Caillin in times past.

Lucion hoped to renew that oath. A boy of Stark Blood would marry a daughter of Barbrey Ryswell and William Dustin, who's children in turn would marry a Reed. This of course meant keeping Dustin Close, and keeping him alive long enough to get Barbrey pregnant, but it was a small matter that could be resolved easily enough.

Lucion wanted to keep several individuals alive and he also had mapped out his future Council and Kingsguard. Barristan Selmy, Lyn Corbray, Brynden Tully, Lyle "Strongboar" Crakehall, Addam Marbrand, Garth "Greysteel" Hightower, and The like were his ideal Kingsguard, however...

Marbrand was Heir to Ashemark, and likely wouldn't accept. Thus Lucion was torn on two people as potential replacements. Both men were extremely dangerous fighters and Lucion quite frankly, wasn't entirely comfortable in recruiting them. Mandon Moore and Gerold "Darkstar" Dayne.

Both had merits, and both had problems. Between the two, Lucion trusted Darkstar the least, and yet he trusted the man's skills with a blade the most.

But Lucion wanted a diverse Kingsguard and Small Council with diverse aid's and supporters. So He decided that as far as his seventh Knight went it would come down to either Robar "Red Robar" Royce, Waymar Royce, and maybe Lothor Brune depending on how things went.

At any rate, with the Grey Men spreading out to implant themselves into various groups, positions and factions in King's Landing and Dragonstone, Lucion had another matter to attend to.

Actually he had two...

During his meeting with the so-called representatives of the Council, Blackfyre and Blopdraven both imparted a token passing gift. In Bloodrsven's case it was allowing him to speak with, understand, and communicate with Animals. Now he was not planning on going full Corbringer, and doing the cult-like following among animals as that Fanfiction author had...but the idea of using Animal's as spies did appeal to him. The military and strategic value would be an incalculable advantage.

As for the gift from Blackfyre and the Seven? He wasn't really sure. All Blackfyre told him was it was a being blessed by the seven who were one, but not shackled to the faith of the above, but shackled to the faith of men. Now whatever divine mushrooms Blackfyre was tripping on who could really say? But the part of shackles made a bit more sense to him.

If he had to guess, then he would assume that it implied faith not on a higher power coming to save them, but in the faith the men who followed him held in him to lead them to victory. But what that would mean with the so-called being blessed by the seven who are one was far too unclear.

It could mean any number of things and it could even mean nothing at all.

''Lucion, we need to talk.'' Lyanna said catching Lucion's attention.

''The Grey Men are bound to me. He or she whom consumes the paste and returns with a God's favor will command the Grey Men. I ordered them to implant themselves within King's Landing and Dragonstone. To join the City Watch, Alchemists Guild, Royal Court, and to build a network within every Small Council Member's area of oversight.'' Says Lucion.

''And how does that help us? My family?''

''It doesn't, not yet at any rate. But if the worst happens - and it usually does - we'll at least have people in King's Landing who can help us.'' Says Lucion honestly.

''And why did you forsake the God's Lannister's have followed for centuries?'' Asks Lyanna.

''It made the most sense. R'hllor is the Fire God, and by all accounts and my own visions, the Walkers and Others are bringers of Ice and the Coldest Winter. But Ice melts before the heat of the flames does it not? And in exchange for my fealty, R'hllor gave me several gifts. Brightroar will not be revealed until the time is right. That Bow of mine is another matter though, that I can show off - after a bit of training.'' Lucion tells her.

He never expected to become an expert marksman, but it wouldn't hurt to become proficient with a Bow nonetheless.

''When do we return to Winterfell?'' Lyanna Asks after a few moments of thought.

''A couple of days, I have some things I need to test, and in any event, Lord Jorin says we need to wait for the bogs to clear the way a little. Never forget Lyanna, When the Wolves Cry Out, The Lions will heed their calls as Honor demands.'' Lucion tells her.

--------------------------------

(POV Shift: Walder Frey)

--------------------------------

Walder Frey was many things, but a total lackwit he was not. Oh he'd made some foolish decision's over the years, but then who hadn't? But when he'd heard talk of his boys shooting arrows into a Westerlands lad he'd had a good laugh...right up until Hoster Tully sent word that Lucion Lannister had been attacked in the Riverlands and hit with Arrows. Tywin Lannister, was justifiably furious, his heir was essentially wounded and then left to die.

Thankfully the little Lion hadn't named names. But that in itself was even more concerning. Tywin Lannister's vengeance was both well-known and very well documented.

It remained to be seen whether or not the Little Kitten proved to be as strong and indomitable as his father, but measures needed to be taken...Emmon's Marriage wasn't that much of a defense anymore after all.

But it was doubtful House Lannister would ever willing tie themselves to House Frey ever again, not unless the needed something from House Frey that they couldn't get anywhere else. So House Frey's best option was elsewhere.

Walder would try and potentially hamstring House Lannister by marrying his kin to their bannermen. Such was the purpose of nearly fifty spare children and grandchildren.

--------------------------------

(POV Shift: Lucion Lannister)

--------------------------------

Lucion was riding with Lyanna and the Reeds back to Winterfel, he would continue to hone his abilities as a Warg and Greenseer, but he'd also train relentlessly. Everyday at sun up he'd train with a bow, throughout the day he'd train with sword, spear, knife, Horse, and shield, and do his assigned duties. When the sun began to fall and the moon rise he'd finish the day with an evening session of Archery.

Every day for the next few years in addition to learning from Winterfel's Maester, he would train and he would practice without fail even if it nearly killed him.

He had to be ready! He just had to be! No ifs, no buts, just ready.

Such was his goal, and such was his determination.

He was Lucion fucking Lannister, Heir to the Lion and he would be ready no matter what!
--------------------------------

Join my Discord via this invite link:

https://discord.gg/4TTZkVMMnq