Chapter 9

The next morning, Lilly wakes up, but she doesn't get out of bed. She just lies there, wide awake. She's still thinking about that almost kiss with Caden. She can't get it off of her mind. About 10 minutes later, her alarm goes off, snapping her out of her thoughts. She immediately rolls over and turns the alarm off. She lies there a couple more minutes and finally hops out of bed. She walks over to her closet, pulls out a long, pretty, baby yellow dress, and slips it on along with some black flip flops with tiny rhinestones on the straps. After she dresses, she walks into her bathroom, combs her hair, and does her makeup. Once she finishes that, she walks downstairs and sits down in a wooden chair in front of the dining room table.

   Her dad and brother greet her, "Morning."

   Lilly hugs both of them. "Morning."

   Her mom greets her, "Good morning, sweetheart."

   Lilly hugs her mom and yawns, "Morning, mom." Then, her mom walks back into the kitchen, picks up a plate of cinnamon rolls, brings them over to the table, sets them down in the middle of the table, and walks back into the kitchen. She picks up 2 glasses of milk, brings them over to the table, sets them down on the table in front of Lilly and Mike, and walks back into the kitchen. A minute later, she comes back out with 2 large mugs of piping hot coffee. She sets them down on the table and places 2 cinnamon rolls on each plate. Mr. Andrews blesses the food and they dig in.

   Lilly takes a bite of her cinnamon roll, which is so soft and warm, it melts in her mouth. She exclaims, "Wow, mom! These cinnamon rolls are amazing!"

   Mrs. Andrews smiles. "Thanks, sweetheart. I'm glad you like them." They continue eating and once Lilly finishes, she stands up, takes her dishes to the sink, and runs upstairs to brush her teeth.

   Once she finishes brushing her teeth, she runs back downstairs, hugs her parents and her brother, tells them goodbye, grabs her backpack, and runs out the door. She stands outside only for a couple of seconds and right around the corner comes Caden. He pulls up right in front of the house and hops out. He walks around to the passenger door and opens it for her with a big smile on his face, bows, and says in a British accent, "Morning, malady."

   She giggles, curtsies, and says in a British accent as well, "Morning, kind sir." Her cheeks burn bright red and she hops in the car. He closes the door behind her and hops back in the car.

   He fastens his seatbelt and smiles at her. "So, how are you doing this morning?"

   Lilly smiles. "I'm ok. How are you? Are you feeling better than you were yesterday?"

   He smiles and says, "Yeah, I'm fine, especially now that I've seen you today," as he pulls out into the road.

   Lilly blushes. "Aww! Me too!"

   Caden smiles. A minute later, he asks, "So...do you want to listen to some more of your playlist?"

   Lilly smiles. "Sure," then he turns the playlist on and they jam out, singing at the top of their lungs the whole ride.

   Once they arrive at school, Caden looks over at Lilly and asks, "So, are you ready?"

   Lilly nods. "Well, I don't think Brittney, Lindsey, or Caleb will be bothering us today, so yeah, I think I'm ready."

   Caden kinda laughs. "Well, then let's go," and they hop out of the car. Caden walks right beside Lilly and gently grabs her hand. Lilly's cheeks turn bright red and she smiles. Once inside, they walk over to their lockers, collect their books, meet back up, and continue to walk side by side, holding hands to Algebra class. They sit beside each other, ever once in a while throwing tiny glances and smiles back and forth at each other. Before they know it, class is over. The bell rings, so they stand up, collect their books, and walk over to their lockers to prepare for their next class.