Chapter 1: Summer Plans

The brisk summer breeze whisked through the air as Alexa bounded down the Hall Of McDuck Manor. Sunlight shone through the windows dancing down from the sun onto the jade colored carpet, complimenting Alexa's gold-blonde hair. "School is over!" she cheered, waking everyone up. Ms. Beasley rubbed her eyes and came out of her room in her night robe. "Alexa, would you mind being a bit quieter? Summer is all about sleeping in for me." She walked back into her room. Just then, a shadow flew across the ceiling on a grappling hook. "Hi, Webby!" Alexa said. "Hey, Alexa! School is finally done, and I have finally graduated!" Webby said. "Wow. That's so cool! I'm only in third grade." Alexa replied. "It'll go by faster than you think! Me and Huey are finally going on our honeymoon to Washington!" Alexa smiled. Nothing could be better for Webby. "Oi, lassies! It's the first day of summer!" Scrooge ran down the stairs. "We're going on a family trip tomorrow! Guess where we're going?" He said. "Where!?" Alexa and Webby asked in unison. "St. Canard to visit Dewey and Gosalyn! And then we have Louie's wedding, a family trip to White Agony Plains with the immediate McDucks, then another trip to Mount Neverrest with four generations and..." he ran out of breath. "Let's do the all the planning tomorrow and just rest today, eh?" Scrooge said, breathing heavily, his hands on his knees. I am a hundred and ninety...I mean, thirty five years old. Yep. Still young. Thirty five." Alexa and Webby laughed. "I'm going to discuss summer camps with Teddy, he' s not like me or Goldie at all. He's so shy and quiet and scared, I'm worried about him. Maybe this year i'll just let him have a normal three weeks." Scrooge said. "He doesn't like other kids at school." Alexa says. "They call him Baby McDuck!" Scrooge cracked his knuckles. "On parents day next year, I will crack every bone in those jettisoning jalopies bodies if they say so much as one hurtful thing to my Teddy!" He said. "That's what I told you about old-timey Scrooge talk. Isn't it AMAZING!?" Webby whispered to Alexa. She shrugged. "Old-timey Scrooge talk...i've finally found a good name for it."

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, my wedding is in a WEEK!" Louie said, running down the shining stairs, past the million family portraits, and into the main hallway

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh, my wedding is in a WEEK!" Louie said, running down the shining stairs, past the million family portraits, and into the main hallway. "We need pep, more pep, pep flavored cake..." Scrooge rolled his eyes at the over stressing Louie. "Have you asked Violet if she wants a pep cake?" Louie didn't hear him. The youngest duck boy triplet paced across the jade carpet, muttering to himself about how perfect his wedding needed to be.

By then, the entire house was downstairs, all in a bustling rush to get to somewhere or prepare for something. No one took a care in how clean the house looked, (All except Ms. Beakley, of course.) or how nice a day it was outside on that summer morning. "Who wants to have a water gun fight INSIDE!?" Alexa yelled. "NO!" Ms. Beakley shouted, bolting out of her room like a rocket. The house is clean and my work is done!" Della had already encouraged the indoor water gun fight before anyone could get the chance to listen to what Ms. Beakley was saying. 

By then, water guns were spraying here and there! Webby was even hanging from the chandelier! Just then, the door opened, and a familiar voice rang through the hallway of McDuck Manor. "Hey dudes - Ooh, twenty dollars!" A crisp green twenty dollar bill flew to his feet on the welcome mat. Gladstone Gander. "Uncle Gladstone!" Louie cheered, rushing to hug him, his tears drying away behind him. "How's my favorite uncle's youngest great nephew's green hooded little dude doing? I heard you're gettin' married soon!" Louie nodded. "How's your yacht collection?" Louie asked. "Oh, it's not that much, I only got about 16 o' them." Gladstone replied. 

"The plane's loaded!" Launchpad called from outside. Scrooge gasped. "I thought that was tomorrow! We're going to St. Canard today? And by plane? What a waste. Welp, let's go, we're headin' to St. Canard evrerybody!"

Everyone hopped onto the plane as they flew across the waking Duckburg, cheering and whooping as a united family. At dusk, they landed in St. Canard.