9. Why me?

"May i?"

"Yeah."

Doctor Erskine walks over to Steve slowly as he speaks.

"Can't sleep?"

"I got the jitters, i guess"

"Me too."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Just one?"

He reaches the bed infront of Steve and sits down on it.

"Why me?"

"I suppose that is the only question that matters"

He looks down at the bottle he brought.

"This is from Augsburg, my city"
"So many people forget the first country the Nazis invaded was their own."
"You know after the war my people struggled. They felt weak, they felt small."
"And then Hitler comes along with all this marching. And the big show and the flags"
"And he hears of me, my work. And he finds me and he says, 'you.' "

He points his finger at Steve when he says the last word.

"He says, 'you will make us strong' well, i am not interested."
"So he sends the head of Hydra, his research division."

He puts the bottle down in the middle of speaking.

"A brilliant scientist by the name of Johann Schmidt now, Schmidt is a member of the inner circle."
"And he is ambitious. He and Hitler share a passion, of occult power and teutonic myth."
"Hitler uses his fantasies to inspire his followers, but for Schmidt it is not fantasy. For him, it is real. He has become convinced that there is a great power hidden in the earth, left here by the gods."
"Waiting to be seized by a superior man. So when he hears about my formula and what it can do, he cannot resist."

"Schmidt must become that superior man."

"Did it make him stronger?"

"Yes. But there were other effects."
"The serum was not ready. But more important, the man. The serum amplifies everything that is inside. So good becomes great, bad becomes worse."

He takes a pause before saying.

"This is why you were chosen. Because a strong man who has known power all his life may lose respect for that power, but a weak man knows the value of strength. And knows compassion."

"Thanks i think."

Erskine points at the glass beside Steve

"Give me that"

Steve gives him the glass and Erskine picks up a glass for himself and the bottle. He opens the bottle and reaches it out and Steve puts out two glasses to fill one for each of them.

"Whatever happens tomorrow, you must promise me one thing."
"That you will stay who you are."
"Not a perfect soldier, but a good man."

Steve reaches back out his glass and says.

"To the little guys"

They both are about to drink from the glasses but Erskine stops him before he has the chance.

"No, no what am I doing? No, you have procedure tomorrow. No fluids"

"Alright, we'll drink it after."

"No, i don't have process tomorrow."
"Drink it after? I drink it now."

A/N

And there's another finished

I started this after i got out of the cinema and was in a restaurant with my family when we were waiting for our food i only wrote the first two lines and then i left it to just listen to music.

I watched the new Avatar movie, it was alright i liked it I'm not gonna talk much abt it tho since knowing me I'd accidentally hint spoil stuff i bet so I'll avoid doing that.

I'm sitting with my Ikea shark plushie right now while writing this note, or well i basically have it with me anytime i write when I'm here, I'm at home in my room right now.

Anyways take care, drink some water buh bye for now :)