something special?!

Leah's POV

Todays the day. Todays the day where i make my first team debut for the Arsenal. I'm scared but i'm thankful to have such supportive teammates around me.

It's currently 8am. My mum is taking me today to the game which is at 4pm against Chelsea. I've had a few messages this morning to say good luck but one stood out from all the rest and can you guess who it's from? i couldn't believe it either. It's the one and only Jordan Nobbs.

instagram dm's

jordannobbs: Heya Le, just wanted to message you today for your debut. i'm sure you'll be great. Remember, the most important thing is for it to be fun! Never lose that spark kiddo. See you soon x

leahwilliamson: Heya Jords. Thank you for the message, it means a lot. Feels great knowing i have a player like you on my side. See you soon indeed x

I put down my phone and spent the rest of the morning with my family before the big game. We need to be there for 12:30 so i'm making most of this time with them now before everything changes.

I looked at my phone and it's now 11:45. it's around a 30 minute drive to Meadow Park so it's time to get changed. My tracksuit is fully prepped on the back of the door hanging up in my room. I still can't believe this is happening.

I packed every last thing i need for today and made my way to the car. My mum was already in it and had my favourite songs playing just to try and calm the nerves as she'd say. The drive was short so we soon arrived at the ground and i can't believe how busy it is already. As my mum parked up, there was a group of fans waiting by the entrance for us players to see them.

I got out of the car and started walking in their direction and i was met shortly by Jordan Nobbs.

Jordan: Hey there stranger
Leah: Hey there

When we arrived at the entrance where the fans were, they all were in disbelief that Jordan Nobbs was heading in their path and i don't blame them. I've looked up to Jordan since i've been here at Arsenal and she's a great human. After signing a few autographs and taking some pictures with a few fans, we both made our way into the building to the changing rooms.

Live updates

14' Leah Williamson passes the ball through to Jordan Nobbs who find Kelly Smith. The ball is neatly placed into the bottom corner. 1-0 Arsenal.

39' Kirby takes it past Scott and shoots and she scores. 1-1.

Half time

54' Williamson drives forward and is brought down by Kirby. That looks nasty. Williamson has stayed down.

56' Williamson is replaced by Mitchell.

80' Nobbs receives the ball from Scott and fires home for the Gunners. 2-1.

Full time

Jordan's POV   

After winning that derby, my thoughts weren't on the fact we just won and i scored the winner, it was on Leah. She got stretchered off and there was rumours she'd got taken to the hospital. I quickly did my post match interview, said hello to a few of the fans and made my way into the changing rooms to see if Leah was there still.

As i pushed the door open, there she was, looking upset but she's here. You could tell she's in a lot of pain and her ankle makes up for it. It's looking very swollen. I rush over by her side and she began to cry so i just held her close.

Leah: How bad does it look?
Jordan: Leah that doesn't matter right now. How are you doing?
Leah: I'm okay. Just in a little pain as you can see clearly stupid.
Jordan: Did they say what you've done?
Leah: They think i may have torn a ligament but i need scan's tonight.
Jordan: I'll take you.
Leah: My mum will take me, it's fine.
Jordan: Well let me be there atleast?
Leah: Just go home Jordan. I'm sure you have better things to do other than worrying about me.

After she said those words, i quickly got changed and stormed out. I ignored the fans who were waiting outside and i went straight to my car. Once i got there i just drove off and stopped in a passing place and just screamed out of anger. Why didn't she want me to help her?

Leah's POV

My mum took me to the hospital, i had my scans and it came back with the results that i've torn the 2 ligaments in my ankle. this will result me needing to be out for atleast a month without surgery or 4 months with surgery.

It's a tough decision in which process i wanted to decide on but after hearing the risks that came with having no surgery, it was best if i had the surgery. 4 months out. That's how long it'll be until i can play competitive football again for the club i love.

The first person i thought of to text was Jordan, but i was very annoyed earlier and i lashed out on her and i doubt she'll want to come see me. But, i still dropped her a message just to let her know how i was doing.

As i sent the message, there was a knock on the door. Jordan came through with some flowers and some chocolates.

Jordan: Just figured you'd needed something to cheer you up.
Leah: Come here.

She came closer and gave me a cuddle. I tried to apologise but she wasn't having any of it. I drifted off to sleep and when i woke up, she was still here. She is someone special.

leahwilliamson proud to have made my debut for this amazing team and club

leahwilliamson proud to have made my debut for this amazing team and club.❤️
thank you everyone for the kind messages. i'll be back fit and healthy in no time. stick with me🤝

tagged arsenalwomen

arsenalwomen one of our own. congrats and speedy recovery!❤️
alexscott love you sister❤️
kellysmith proud of you Leah! speedy recovery! x
emmamitchell ❤️
jordannobbs with you every step of the way. proud of you! x
katiemccabe back soon my friend🤝

 proud of you! xkatiemccabe back soon my friend🤝

jordannobbs the start of something special🌟

tagged leahwilliamson

arsenalwomen the future is here👀
alexscott 👀😍
emmamitchell 👀
kellysmith hot new thing😍👀
leahwilliamson grateful to be doing this with you JN8❤️
katiemccabe 😍