Chapter 8

bobby pov

"I'm sorry what"  I say after a few minutes.

"Girl your pull out game is WEAK." Elise says. "I'm pregnant."

My mouth hangs open. "Ellis..." I walk over to her and kiss her. "We're having a baby?"

"Yes!"

"We're having a baby!" I cheer, throwing my arms around her. She laughs, burying her face in my shoulder as she embraces me.

Lottie POV

"Heyyy" Hannah says, sitting on my bed. Her dress fans out around her.

"Heyyy." I reply. I watch her open one of her books, curling up and reading. I cant stop myself smiling. Just the absolute happiness she has on her face is enough for me to cheer up and stop being emo. "Hey, Hannah?"

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to move in."

She looks up in surprise. "Really?"

"Yes. If you wanted."

"I do wanted!" She smiles. "Oh, Lottie, thank you! I love you!"

It's not the first time she says it, but it gives me butterflies even so.

Gary pov

Watching that Carl fella slobber all over my wife is starting to get on my nerves a little bit. I know they're besties and I know I shouldn't be jealous but I can't help it.

Watching as he holds my daughter, chats to my wife, touches her baby bump. They look like a family.

Watching as she laughs at his jokes. Hugs him.

It's filling me with a deep rage.

Carl heads out to go to the Starbucks market. Tiffany turns to me.

"What is wrong with you?!"

"Pardon?" I reply.

"Why are you ignoring Carl?"

"Because I don't like him!" I say. "He's so... he's so weird with you. I don't like how he acts like your husband."

"Gary, are you silly? If he was a girl, would you be bothered?"

"He's not a girl, though. He might actually be interested in you."

"And if he is, so what? I'm not gonna be going with him. Don't you trust me, Gary?!"

"Yes, of course I do!"

"Then why are you so bothered?! Jesus Christ, I'm gonna-" she stops and her eyes widen. "Oh god."

"What?"

"I think I just had a contraction."

My mouth hangs open. "Oh."

"Gary!"

"Okay! Stay calm, uh, it'll be okay. We'll call for the midwife, it'll be okay."

TO BE CONTINUED