𝟏.

𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊

𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐑𝐄
𝚂𝙴𝙿 𝟷, 𝟷𝟿𝟿𝟾 {𝟽:𝟸𝟻}

THE SOUND OF thumping could be heard from upstairs as I rushed to get ready. Today is the first day of my sophomore year and I'm already running late, struggling to find my other shoes. " HEY TY, HAVE YOU SEEN MY OTHER BLACK BOOT? I THOUGHT I HAD THEM BY MY VANITY." I said yelling. "NO, I HAVEN'T. I THINK TANYA PUT THEM IN YOUR CLOSET THOUGH." He said yelling back.

Of course they would be in my closet with the rest of my shoes. I finally found my favorite pair of black boots, quickly put them on over my long socks, and ran downstairs.

"You know if you keep running down the stairs like that, you're gonna end up hurting yourself one day." Ty ' Shawn says while taking a sip from his coffee mug. I roll my eyes at his comment "Oh shut up, no I won't. What time is it?" "Uhhh 7:30." "Shit." I mumbled. "Hey, language." He points at me. "Sorry, I'm supposed to be meeting Brandi at my locker before school starts." "So? School doesn't start until 8:30, you have time." "We live 20 minutes away from the school. So no, I don't. I was supposed to get there early in order for me and Brandi to see all of our classes before everyone else got there so we don't get stuck in the crowd of students but I overslept and here we are." I say while cramming things in my backpack. "Well with that being said, let's go. I gotta get to work anyways." Ty says while putting his empty coffee mug in the sink and swiftly grabbing his keys off the counter.

Ty and I raced out the door to see Tanya, my brother's wife, outside in the garden out front wearing her gardening hat and gloves planting some new flowers in the soil. "Now why are you two in such a rush?" She says looking up and dusting the dirt off her hands. "School." "Work." We both say at the same time while getting into the car. "Oh- well have a good day, i love you both." She says turning around and waving. "Love you too, sis." "Love you too, hun." We say together again before driving off.

❀                            ❀                               ❀

"Ty, slow down before you get pulled over." I said. "Sorry, sorry, I just don't want you to be late on your first day." He says while glancing over at me. "It's fine," I said "It's my fault for sleeping in, not yours." It goes silent for a while before Ty speaks up "So, you excited? First day of sophomore year, you must be ecstatic about it." "Fresh new year, fresh new start, fresh new everything. This is the year where everything starts. This is the most ideal year for when all teenagers start their lives and pick the paths that they take like from partying to taking their school careers seriously. Of course I'm excited. Wouldn't you?" I say looking over at him with a small smile on my face. Ty just lets out a breathy laugh. "Yeah, you're right. That's kinda how I felt my sophomore year but put into better wording and we can all obviously see the path I took." He says looking over at me with a smile. "Yeah, we know Mr. DJ." I giggle.

My brother is a DJ, a very good and well-known DJ at that. He's played for multiple parties and nightclubs. All with good-paying people. He even DJ'd at the mayor's daughter's birthday party who is very, very picky. Yeah, he's that good.

We finally pull up to the school. It's about 7:48 considering how fast Ty was driving. "Alright, here we are. Have a good day, I love you." He says to me. "Love you more." I say while kissing him on the cheek and hurriedly getting out of the car. "I love you most. See ya." He says to me through the open window. "See ya and have a good day at work." I say as he drives off. "Will do." And with that, he was off to work.