Author's Note

Authors Note:

I decided to move this here since I have more room to write.

 First things first is that this story is not 100% historically accurate so there are some anachronisms. While it's supposed to be close to real life, it's not completely the same as it's just for fun. So if you don't like history being changed then it might not be for you.

That being said this story is not ahistorical. I spend a lot of time and money researching 18th century France. Though I'm not going to say I'm 100% perfect as I'm still in a constant state of learning but I try my best. My historical inaccuracies are for stylistic or plot related reasons. I'm sure there is some accidental inaccuracy if not now then at some point in the future. I'm not perfect. If there's an inaccuracy that you think I should know about then go ahead and tell me.

As this is set in the 18th century, I have annotations to explain some things about the time period but it wouldn't really let me up footnotes in this book so I made a part with has the footnotes for each chapter at the end. If there's something that confuses you and there is no footnote then let me know and I will put one.

TRIGGER WARNING (very important)
- Themes and mentions of abuse and violence
- mentions of suicide 
- drinking
- mental illness in general
- mentions of sex
- may be triggering.

This story is not graphic or NSFW but I figured I would put a warning anyway. Anyone under 16, especially if dealing with mental illness, is NOT my intended audience. 

I would say that any resemblance to actual people is coincidental but sometimes it's not - do with that what you will.