1.

Tanjirou's POV;

I sat up in the bed, woken up by the morning light. I stretched and yawned quietly, noticing that Inosuke and Zenitsu were still asleep.

Then, a strong, warm scent filled my nose. I swung my feet over the edge of the bed, walking out to the kitchen, where I'd traced the scent to source from.

" Ah! You're awake. Good. " Aoi was in the kitchen, and she turned to me as I approached. I offered a friendly smile. " Good morning, Aoi-Chan! "

" Good morning, Tanjirou. Where are the two boneheads? "

I chuckled softly. " Inosuke and Zenitsu are still asleep. "

Aoi snorted. " Kanao's still asleep, too. Shinobu-Sama went out early to meet with the other Pillars. "

" Oh, oka- ah! " I broke off with a slight yelp as I felt a sudden weight on my back. Two familiar scents hit my nose, and I knew at once who'd jumped on my back.

" Good morning, Inosuke, Zenitsu. " I smiled. Inosuke climbed off my back and stared at me, seeming angry. Zenitsu yawned and stood in the doorway. " Morning, Tanjirou.. "

I smiled at him, then looked at Inosuke, who I realized had his boar mask off. " What's wrong, Inosuke? " I asked.

He glared at me. " You weren't scared at all?! "

I shook my head gently and chuckled softly. " I knew you were going to do that sooner or later. And, " I paused and tapped my nose twice, " I could smell you. "

" Damnit! " Inosuke yelled. I put a hand on his shoulder to calm him, but all he said was , " Fight me, Monjirou! " (not monitor, autocorrect.)

" Hush! You're going to wake Kanao! Go outside if you're gonna be that noisy! " Aoi snapped.

I glanced back at her apologetically. " Sorry. Come on, Inosuke. Settle down now. " I turned back to Inosuke, who had crossed his arms.

I looked over and realized Zenitsu had turned his head. His eyes darted towards us. " Kanao's awake, thanks to you knuckleheads. " He muttered.

" Hah?! How is that our fault?! " Inosuke immediately went on the defensive. I wrapped an arm around his shoulders and turned him away, speaking to Kanao as she came down the steps.

" Good morning, Kanao! I'm sorry if we woke you, " I blinked at her, offering a friendly smile. She hesitated, and I nodded subtly to her.

" Good morning, Tanjirou. I usually wake up around now anyway; you didn't wake me, don't worry. " Kanao told us. I sighed in relief. " Alright, then! I'm going to visit- " I broke off. " -somebody. "

They all looked at me curiously, but I just waved my hand in the air. Then turned to Inosuke. " Behave while I'm gone, okay? No bruising Zenitsu. "

Inosuke grunted. " Fine. "

I smiled and turned away, walking out the door and towards the spot I'd first met all the Pillars.

Nezuko had joined me at some point, I suppose, and I patted her head. Eventually, I reached the spot. It'd been meant to be for the Pillars alone, but now it was just for all Demon Hunter Corps members.

As I reached it, I was greeted brightly by Kanroji, Rengoku, and Tokitou. I offered waves and friendly smiles, but as much as I liked the three, I was looking for someone else.

I spotted him soon after arriving, and approached, calling out, " Giyuu-san! "

He turned to me, and I smiled as I sat in front of him. I noticed a spark in his eyes. " Hi, Tanjirou. "

Nezuko scooted closer to him, and I smiled softly as Giyuu-San lifted his hand and pet Nezuko's head.

I scooted closer. " How have you been, Giyuu-san? " I asked. He looked at me. " I've been okay. What about you? " He answered.

" I've been good! " I replied happily. The corners of his mouth curled into a small smile. " That's good. "

I nodded, then heard a sudden familiar cawing. I glanced up, groaning inwardly as I realized it was my crow.

" Cawww! Cawwww! Kamado Tanjirou ! Head Northwest! Northwest! Cawww! "

I stood up , and Nezuko joined me. " Wait. I can come with you, if you want, Tanjirou. I likely won't have any new missions anytime soon. " Giyuu offered.

" Ah, if it's not troubling to you -- that'd be nice! " I replied as Nezuko and I readied to go.

" Of course not. I'll come with you. " Giyuu stood up aswell, and as I nodded, we set out at that moment.

" Heading out? " We turned as we heard Kochou-San's voice. She was staring at us, her head tipped curiously to one side.

I nodded hesitantly, wondering what she needed. " Tomioka-San? " Kochou-San turned to Giyuu-San. He shrugged and stared back. " You're going with them? After so long of just sitting around, you decide to accompany the Kamado siblings instead of talking with us? " Kochou-San seemed to be slightly upset.

There was a certain scent about her that told me she was. I stepped closer to Giyuu-San and tugged on his arm, signaling for him to bend down. He did , and I whispered in his ear, " Kochou-San's upset. "

Giyuu-San stared at me. " Her scent? " He guessed quietly. I nodded. He sighed and stood straight again. Kochou-San hadn't heard us at all.

" Let's not waste time. We don't know how long the journey will be. " Giyuu-San turned away and wrapped one arm around my shoulders, the other around Nezuko's, who'd grown in size so she wouldn't fall behind.

He led us away from the Corps, glancing up at the sky occasionally to follow my crow. We chatted on the way there, about nearly everything -- some dark conversation about our pasts, highlights of our weeks, exciting things that've happened, random thoughts that crossed our minds.. anything that could keep us busy.

The sun had dipped low beneath the trees by the time we arrived at the village. The last streaks of scarlet became smothered by the dark indigo color of night. Stars dotted the darkening sky.

" Okay . . do your thing, Tanjirou. Me and Nezuko will wait here. " Giyuu-San stood at the entrance to the village, Nezuko at his side. I nodded and slowed my breathing, taking deep breaths through my nose.

--

hehe, cliffhanger. sorry, i just have ~ideas~

' Long-Gone Feelings ' and ' Fully Awakened ' will have updates soon, I promise.

and now, everyone's favorite part..

The totally unimportant word count that literally not one human being has ever asked for in their life; 1,100