Chapter Seventeen

"Good game

"Good game."

"She got so much better," Sevyn said as she watched Simone shake hands with their teammates before dapping them up with a smile.

"Oh, yeah."

"OK!"

"What exactly are you celebrating?" Coach Hinds asked as she walked over with her arms crossed.

"I just won my match," Simone said as if it was obvious.

"That was a practice match between you and the number 10 player on this team. You're in the top 6. You're supposed to win next time I'll put you up against Sevyn."

"Yes, Coach Hinds."

"Look, we're in competition season now. Real matches start in two weeks. Coach Loni expects you to be ready."

"And I am ready. I've been training nonstop over the winter break, and there's nothing more important to me than showing up for this team this season. Coach, I'm here to win."

"Well, you favoring your back foot and your poor hip rotation say different. Do better, Simone. Let's go. Huddle up." She says before heading to the court.

"I still won," Simone said as she and Sevyn did their handshake.

"Girl you killed it, don't forget we're going to auntie new office before next practice," Sevyn said to Simone before heading to the court.

The two tennis stars made their way to Amara's new office knocking on the door the two entered, "Hello! Oh!" Simone exclaimed as they entered

"Well, OK! New president's office." Sevyn said as the two looked around.

"Auntie, I see you."

"Thank you very much. Not bad, huh?"

"Definitely giving Queen over her fiefdom, I'll tell you that," Sevyn said.

"This is presidency Amara Patterson style. And you're right where you're supposed to be."

"Hmm. Speaking of which, isn't practice where you two are supposed to be?" Amara said causing the two to tense, Sevyn knew Amara would say that.