Chapter 12: His Butler, Overrated

He didn't know what was more embarrassing.

Having to be awoken by the head butler because he slept in again or...no, that was definitely the most humiliating that happened to him so far.

"Stayed up all night once more, I see."

"Don't give me that. You forced me to undergo more training then necessary yesterday."

"Your skills as a butler were severely lacking, one could mistake it as nonexistent. I had to correct that."

"Look, while you have a point there, the Young Master chose me because he viewed my 'magic tricks' as my main strength. Can't you let me focus on that instead of bulking up? I only managed to memorize two."

"In your dreams." He resisted the urge to splash the hot drink on Sebastian's face.

Currently, he was helping the waitresses treat the guests onboard the ship with preparing the meals and delivering them. It had to be his biggest regret of all, as with every passing minute, his thought-to-be nonexistent patience was getting thinner and thinner at the presence of his demon, who was only preparing food for his Young Master and the Midford family, refusing to give courtesy to the rest and help his coworker out.

Which is fine, since he's already upset the Young Master enough by disobeying his order of staying beside him and Sebastian leaving would tick him off more, but still.

"It still surprises me how you managed to convince Miss Lovette to stay at the manor. Quite clingy, that one."

"...it was no easy feat." He cringed upon recalling the cries of his friend when he told her she can't come with.

————————————————
"I already have too many people on my hands to protect. Plus, if they learned that there's two witches onboard, they'd go haywire to get not just me, but you too."
————————————————

Not wanting to be a burden, it was only then did she quit arguing.

What he said was one of the reasons. Truth is, He had a bad feeling that something terrible was gonna occur, especially on a ship containing dead experiments that will miraculously revive. And for it to happen in limited space where she can't make a break for it without worrying about the threat lurking in every corner she comes across?

The thought made his gut twist with anxiety. He'd rather leave her at the mansion and watch Joker like a hawk than be stuck on a ship.

"Quite cruel of you to leave the former leader of the group sent to assassinate us in the hands of her." Sebastian smirked. "Need I remind you that she stabbed Beast 37 times out of rage after she died."

An irk mark appeared on the humans forehead. "Shut up. I'm sure she knows when to keep her anger in check."

With a sly smirk, Sebastian began distributing the food on his multi-layered tray table. "Certainly."

When his hands landed on his own tray filled with food, it was initially to throw it at him. In the presence of a demon, his anger issues blasts through the roof and grazes mars. The 'optimistic' side of him, which was supposedly reserved for children, says this is good as his power would be just as extreme if he bottled them up and combines it with said power. While the other side wanted to forget where they were and bash Sebastian's head against the wall tenfold, maybe double that.

He had to suck in a breath to calm down before leaving his spot and going to the table the foods was assigned to.

He bore a halfhearted smile. "Here's your order, miss."