One

"Please" Ashe rasped as his hands fumbled to stop the blood flow, "I'm only 22... i'm not ready yet. I'm not ready to die." tears begin to stream down his cheeks.

Noah, looks down at his dying figure with a solemn expression. "You will be ok" he says to him. "Just relax." Ashe scoffs "Easy for you to say! I'm gonna- i'm-" He is interrupted by a coughing fit, Noah sat him up against a wall.

"Please help me." Noah hesitates "I-I'm sorry, you are beyond help. I could try to find someone but, there is no chance of you surviving until you get the help. All I can do is be here so you aren't alone." he apologizes.

Ashe chokes out a laugh "I suppose that's one way of cheering someone up..." his breathing was ragged and shaky, fighting to hold on for a bit longer, but his eyes were heavy. Ashe was tired of fighting.

He looked at Noah and asked, his final wish, "Please, keep my little sister safe. She is only 7. All that I did, it was for her. So she could have the life I didn't have. Give her the life that I couldn't."

Noah nodded "I promise that I will." Ashe relaxes "Thank you." he said. Noah waits for him to do anything else, ask him for something else, but he lays still, as lifeless as a rag doll.

It seemed too cruel a fate for Ashe Malik to have died in that way, all he wanted was for his sister to live a happier life. Guilt washed over Noah for taking his life.

     Everett scribbled the words down and tucked the sheet away for later when he sits down and starts writing the end of his book. "Mr.Williams!" Professor Schnapp called. Everett looked up at the sound of his name. "Please give us a few examples of a zoonotic disease." he asked.

Everett nodded, "Rabies, Lyme disease, and Salmonella." he answered, half heartedly. "Thank you!" the professor continued on with the lecture. Everett wasn't paying much attention, he rather hated majoring in medicine, he had wanted to be an English major, but his father debunked the idea immediately.

About an hour later Everett was walking to work, he had to pay rent on his own because according to his father, it would "help him grow," when he was stopped by his ex friends. Everett let out a puff of air "What do you want?" The blond one, Emily, stepped forward, grabbing his shoulders, "Everett, we are sorry. I know you probably don't trust us but we really are your friends.

I'm sorry I posted that about you and started those rumors, I shouldn't have-" "Shut up" Everett snapped coldly, smacking her hands off of him. "You aren't sorry. Stop acting like you guys are my friends." he said pushing through the group. "Come on, Everette, we said we were sorry, don't be selfish." A tall brunette, Zach, said. "Oh sure, I'm selfish for wanting to stay out of a toxic friendship. Thanks." He growled, stalking off to work. Zach yelled some colorful words after him, which Everett simply ignored.

     Everett rolled his eyes as he stalked to the small coffee shop for a shift. "I didn't even wanna talk to them in the first place, they came up to me." he muttered. Everetts trust had declined since high school. He was surrounded by snakes like them for 4 years, his father put a lot of stress on him, and when he was leaving for college, his mother had kicked him out for being gay.

Despite his lack of trust, he was too nice to stay away from the walking red flags.
    He stepped into the coffee shop, the bell ringing softly. Kiara looked over the counter at him with a smile. Kiara was one of Everett's closest friends, meaning one of his only friends.

She had dark hair and light brown skin. "Hey, Williams!" Kiara exclaimed. Everett returned her smile and said a quick "Hi" as he tied his apron on. Kiaras smile faded "Bad news, the shop is being closed down, they can't afford to pay us anymore. Mr.Watson told me." Everett froze and looked up at her. "Are you serious?" she nodded.