Chapter 22 - I Love You

Lydia looked at everything around her. She was young and in love, yes. She was finally able to admit it to herself, but she didn't have the courage yet to tell Stiles how she truly felt. He has heard that she fell in love with him in the third grade, yes, but she didn't tell him exactly how she was feeling at that moment about him. She didn't know how to tell him. Lydia was drinking coffee while she was busy with some homework. She didn't exactly fall behind with anything as it was over Easter, but her attention was definitely at other places that she never thought they would be at. It had been a month since she got resurrected in a way and things were more awkward than ever between her and Stiles. Stiles started spending more time at his dad's work as he wanted to be part of the FBI and decided that being the sheriff's son had some advantages to it. Scott started to work more and more hours at the vet, trying to get all the experience he could while Lydia stayed home a lot more. Malia came around and became friends with Lydia. They talked a lot about Allison and Lydia was honest with how she felt about Stiles.

"I'm so scared that with how I was acting, pushing the feelings aside and so, that I pushed Stiles away for good," Lydia said as Malia shook her head.

"Not likely. I strongly doubt that is possible. Lydia, he is crazy over you. But, if you want something to come from all of it, you need to tell him. I don't know how much longer he will wait for you. He was obsessed with me for a good year, but I've always liked Scott. Due to his relationship with Allison at the time, I didn't do anything. You can't steal your best friend's guy. Even after her death, I didn't know what to do. But, now look at us. I took a chance with Scott and now we are happy together. Me and Scott are as happy as we can be. What is stopping you?" Malia asked as Lydia looked at her.

"Things ended bad with my last boyfriend. Like, really bad," Lydia said as Malia looked at her.

"In case you didn't know, Jackson Whittemore is an absolute ass. He tried to move in on me as well. But I didn't allow him. He's a bully. And because he plays lacrosse, he thinks that it means something. Scott and Stiles are also on the lacrosse team, but they aren't like him," Malia said as Lydia heard her phone ringing.

"Hi, Stiles. What's up?" Lydia asked.

"How fast can you get Scott to the station?" Stiles asked as Lydia heard gun shots.

"Stiles, what's going on? What is that?" Lydia asked, panicking, as Malia looked at her.

"Just get Scott," Stiles said as the phone call ended.

"The station is under attack. Oh hell," Lydia said as she tried to phone Scott.

"Lydia, I'm really busy, can I phone you back later?" Scott asked.

"The station is under attack. Stiles is in danger," Lydia said as she grabbed her car keys.

"Meet you there," Scott said ending the call.

"Come on, Malia. Let's go," Lydia said.

She tried to start her car, but her hands were shaking. She didn't want anything to happen to Stiles and she knew if something were to happen to him, she would never forgive herself. Malia rested her hand on hers as she looked at her.

"Come on. Jump over. I'll drive," Malia said.

She started the car and started to drive. She drove faster and faster when Lydia got the notifications. There was something supernatural going on at the station and Stiles was trying to help his father and the rest of the officers. But, little did he know that he wasn't fighting alone. When Lydia and Malia arrived at the station Derek and Scott were already there. They're here to fight, Lydia though as she jumped out of the car.

"Scott! What's going on?" Lydia asked running as Scott stopped her.

"I don't know. It's something that we never thought we would have to face. Something is going on, Lydia, and it seems that Stiles is in danger," Scott said.

"What the hell is Lydia doing here?" Stiles asked as Lydia looked at him.

"Go in. Now! My dad and everyone is getting their asses kicked," Stiles said.

Scott, Malia and Derek ran in. Lydia followed them as Stiles grabbed her to stop her, looking into her eyes.

"I don't want you here. You're going to get hurt," Stiles said.

"I can fight with you guys. You can also get hurt," Lydia said.

"Please just go. And if something happens to me..."

"What do you mean if something happens to you? Nothing is gonna happen to you," Lydia said as Stiles cupped her cheeks.

"If something happens to me, remember, I love you," Stiles said.

He kissed her forehead as he ran back inside. Lydia looked around, feeling powerless, as she went to her car. She didn't want to disobey him, but there was no way that she was allowing Stiles to fight on his own. She pulled herself together quickly as she went to the back of the building.

"Is she going home?" Scott asked.

"I damn hope so," Stiles said.

"I have her car keys, Dumbass. She isn't going anywhere," Malia said.

"She's not coming inside. She didn't come after me. There are hellhounds, ghost riders and goodness knows what else here. They want to take over, but every single officer is fighting against it," Stiles said.

"So will we. Come on. Let's go," Scott said.

He, Malia and Derek transformed while Stiles saw as Chris Argent came into the place with his cross-bow. He was planning on fighting with them. He smiled as everyone headed into different directions. Derek and Chris took on the hellhounds. Derek made sure the human Chris was protected while Scott and Malia took on the other species. Stiles saw as he was in a corner with a ghost rider. He saw as he had a rope, hitting it on the ground, as he jumped off the horse. But, he was planning on fighting. He did, until the ghost rider stood in front of him, his gun pointed to Stiles' head. Stiles closed his eyes when suddenly he heard a scream. It was Lydia. He had stood aside as her scream moved the ghost rider until he had disappeared into thin air. She ran to Stiles as he just looked at her, not knowing what to tell her.

"I didn't say it back," she said out of breath.

"You don't have to," Stiles said moving closer to her.

Their lips crashed into a mutual kiss. It wasn't a quick kiss or a peck on the lips. It was the kind of kiss that they had deserved. That they had waited for, for such a long time. Stiles pulled away as he looked at Lydia cupping her cheeks as he pulled her into a hug.

They heard something behind and around them causing them to immediately jump back. Stiles looked at Lydia, who still held onto him, while he smiled at her.

"Ready to take on the fight then?" Stiles asked reaching his hand out as Lydia smiled and took it.

"Always. As long as we are together," Lydia said as they went and fought.

"Somehow you guys make a mean team, hey?" Derek said motioning to Stiles and Lydia.

"She was actually supposed to leave," Stiles said while Lydia looked at him, slightly smiling.

"I'm never leaving you," Lydia said.

"Okay love birds. We'll leave you guys alone. I'm guessing you have a lot to talk about. Come on, Scott. Let's head home," Malia said as they went out of the door so did Derek.

"Disobeying me could have gotten you killed, you know? It's not worth it," Stiles said moving closer to Lydia.

"Yes, it is," Lydia said.

"If you die..."

"I would literally go out of my freaking mind. Stiles, that is how I feel about you. I don't want you to get hurt and if I can stop it, I will," Lydia said as Stiles gently brushed his finger over Lydia's cheek.

"I love you," Stiles said.

This time Lydia knew what she had to do. She gently kissed Stiles as she moved away again.

"I love you too," Lydia said.

Stiles smiled at her, pulling her into his lap, kissing her. The kiss was full of passion and lust. The kiss was for everything they had gone through. For the time they had to wait, but also for the times they were still going to have together.