survived

⚠️angst, death, implied death⚠️
Notes: might be ooc, my 3am brain is stringing together what ever comes into my brain. This is really shitty since I wrote this and I have no experience what so ever writing angst lmao

"Pursue your heart while it still beats."

"Wednesday?!" She called out tears streaming
down her eyes. "WEDNESDAY?!!" She shrieked. "Oh no.. no no no no no." She sprinted towards the slumped girl against a stump. "Wednesday.." she whispered. Her heart dropped at the sight of blood gushing out. She gasped tears blurring her vision as she quickly dropped down on her knees kneeling down to Wednesday, wrapped her shirt on the wound adding pressure. She kneeled down, Wednesday in her arms.
The realization dawned in. Wednesday is gonna die if someone doesn't come fast.
She couldn't image a world without her.
"No no no!! Your gonna be okay" she sobbed into her. Wednesday grazed her face lazily with her fingers. "I thought death would be more enjoyable." She whispered. "No don't say stuff like that" she sobbed clinging onto the girl. "Yokos getting help"
Wednesday smiled. "Tell thing, i apologize  for the way I mistreated him" she coughed. Enid sobbed. "Tell my family that I'll haunt them for eternity." She said dragging her finger across Enid's face. "No no Wednesday don't say stuff like that!! This isn't the end" she rubbed the girls cheek with her thumb. "This is my end, not yours, Enid. Please. when I'm gone you mustn't think this in any shape or form, you could've unprevenbted this." She breathed slowly. "Wednesday please this isn't the end!!"
".. I thought death would've been more enjoyable. I don't think I can't hold on much longer.." she breathed out. "No no!! Wednesday keep your eyes open no matter what" she begged. Wednesday brought her hand up and attempted to wipe away Enid's tears.
"Enid, may I ask of you a favor?"
Enid nodded rapidly
"So I can die at peace, may I have a kiss?"
Enid's eyes widened, she blinked.
She was a mess at this point, rubbing her tears away frantically
"Your not going to die Wednesday please!!" She begged.
"Enid, please this is the last thing I will ever ask of you. Please let me pass on in peace"
Enid nodded frantically tears flooding down.
She cradled her face gently, she kissed her gently. And that was all, all that Wednesday needed to let go, she was at peace. A sense of serenity. She felt that it was her time to go.
And strangely she stopped fighting it and gave in. Wednesday smiled. A genuine one. Making Enid sob uncontrollably. Wednesday kissed her once more, immediately reciprocating the kiss. It was intoxicating, addicting even. She couldn't get enough of it. "Enid." She grazed her lip down to her chin lazily with her thumb.
"Wednesday.." She murmured.
"Why are you crying?" She cradled her face.
"Because- because you're- you're" she choked,
Tears flowing freely down her face. She limply attempted to wipe her tears.
"oh" she breathed out in understanding.
"Wednesday- hold on- please"
she wrapped Wednesday in her jacket, giving her body warmth, elevating her feet with her arm underneath.
"shit" Wednesday groaned, the insatiable freezing dread taking over.
"Enid- I never got to tell you, I love you"
the coldness growing closer, it was strangely comforting, Enid's voice fading off, as if she was being pulled away down to the depths of the ocean peacefully.
"I-I love you too Wednesday" her voice broken.
She let out her final breath.

Her whole body shaked uncontrollably at the funeral. It was a horrible day truly. She held her umbrella with a tight grip. She really did try to keep it together and be strong. It was worthless trying. She focused on her breathing. In and out in and out.. in and out.. in and out. She repeated. No luck. She struggled breathing as she looked at the black casket with a raven and a scorpion imprinted on it. Peace lilies, white Lilies, black roses, black lilies, black tulips, black iris's, mignonette flowers, astrantia,thyme, lotus flower, dill, malpighiales, and more flowers were on her coffin and surrounding it.
Her breath hitched as she hanged on to her bouquet of flowers, each flower with a meaning behind them. She stared at the casket. Inside layed once a roomate, a friend. Someone who taught her to embrace her self and be herself.
To stand up for herself. She helped shape the person who Enid was to this day. The longer she stared at the casket the more she got sick. The more she stared, the more it distorted.
Strangely she couldn't cry. She felt, so so cold. She felt hollow. She wished she could cry but she just couldn't. Nothing came out. She couldn't swallow the lump lodged into her throat.
Her eyes felt dry.
She wish she could cry. She wanted to sob so badly but her body was just so so tired.
Sleepless nights she endured where she stared at the empty side of her room, where Wednesdays stuff should've been.
Her type writer, her strange squirrel in an electric chair taxidermy. Every strange little knickknack, her cello.
Her room felt so empty. So abandoned.
She desperately hoped this was a hoax.
That Wednesday was alive, safe and sound. That this was all a dream, a joke even.
That someday Wednesday will come right back opening their door to their dorm, luggage in hand, Thing on her shoulder. Ready to tell her that this didn't really happen, this wasn't real. She didn't die, she just disappeared off somewhere, maybe she fled off to a foreign country to get away from everything. Maybe a secluded island. That Wednesday was just off in the world and she wasn't actually really gone! She was just gone momentarily right?

She knew deep down that Wednesday wasn't coming back. She never will. She watched her die in her own fucking hands for fucking sake.
She wish this would all be over, that this never happened just so she could run into Wednesdays arms, hugging Wednesday tightly while the smaller girl nagged her to let go.
The pit in her stomach never leaving
She felt sick in her stomach. She shouldn't have died. She didn't deserve it. No one did. She would give anything to just hear the nostalgic clicking of her type writer and her midnight cello sessions that had pulling her hair back then,  the way Wednesday would barge into their shared dorm room, explaining her mischievous plans, to do god knows what.
Enid would listen patiently, listening attentively.
she would give anything in the world just to go back just for one day, thats all she wanted. One more day. Just one nothing else, even an hour, that's all she fucking wanted. One more conversation. One more touch. One more hug. One more minute. Anything.
She struggled trying to steady her self taking deep, shallow, shaky breaths. What could've gone different? What could've happened if she just went with Wednesday that evening? What could've happened if there had just been a difference ? Wednesday would've still been here. Breathing, talking, walking, threatening even.
What if.
What if she survived after that?
What could've happened??
What if..
Enid tried her hardest not to go into a spiral that's she couldn't get out of. She tried and failed.
Enid's heart will always have an empty hollow hole in her heart, yearning and begging to be filled. But that may never happen. She will always feel that part of her, hollow and lifeless.
Perhaps one day, they will meet each other again in another life, and share a lifetime together, only one could hope.

Authors note: Hello!! not sure if anyone will read this, but all the flowers I've listed have meanings so lol (ps: some of them mean strength, resilience, death, passion, and more) :D thank you for reading!! I don't write/publish fics a lot so sorry if this fic was atrocious to read lmao. Feed back is greatly appreciated!!

HELPP this is corny as shit 😭😭