Chapter 69: The Nine-Tail's Tale

The day had come where Naruto and Jiraiya departed their coastal paradise. While Jiraiya would admit he's miss all those busty beach babes in itty bitty bikinis, they had been in this location for just over two months now and even Jiraiya was ready to move onto the next potential peeping paradise. Sadly for him, he'd have to wait some time as the two of them were set out into the wilderness, heading north to some place in the middle of nowhere where Naruto would be trained by Kurama in utilizing the full potential of the full Kyuubi-mode.

Jiriaya knew this was important, especially if he had any hopes of not being accidentally flattened by a wayward fox tail that Naruto had no idea how to control. Besides, he was a happy author...a happy, pervy author now that his best volume of the Icha Icha series was now in the hands of the publisher and it would only take a few months before that book hit shelves.

"So where are we going?" asked Jiraiya to a red-eyed Naruto, or blonde Kurama (whichever way you want to look at it).

"Just be patient Jiraiya. We'll be there the day after tomorrow" commented Kurama. Seeing as Kurama was the one who knew where they were going, Naruto had temporarily relinquished control to his furry tenant. "There's a village about an hour away where we can stop for the night. After that, we'll be in the wild until the toads are ready for us."

Jiraiya nodded, but for some reason he didn't feel comfortable about following the Kyuubi into the wilderness. A few hours passed and the duo/trio reached what appeared to be more of an outpost than a village. "Kitsugeto. We're in the Land of Foxes, aren't we?" asked Jiraiya, giving Kurama a questioning glare. Despite the initial appearance of the village, the village actually was rather large, being covered mainly by forests. However, the primary aspect to this village was an extravagant shrine situated at the middle of the village, leading up a large hill. One of the most noticeable features about said shrine was the fox statues and torii lining the pathway to the shrine.

"That's the Temple of Inari, the ancient Kami of these lands and its inhabitants" replied Kurama.

"So this is where we're staying?" asked Jiraiya.

"Not in this village or temple. As I said, our destination is over a day away, but this land is still wild. This is the last piece of civilization until we reach our destination" answered Kurama.

"So where exactly are we going?" asked Jiraiya.

"Home..." was all Kurama said before giving control back to Naruto.

"You know, if I'm correct, there's a ramen stand in this village" exclaimed Naruto , completely off topic and retaking control of his body as he went for his Ramen Passport. There was in fact a ramen stand in his passport, in this book. Kitsugeto was the home to the Inari Ramen. This would make ramen number 28. He was getting closer. He had never expected to fill his book during this trip, but 24 different entries were more that he had hoped. Now Naruto was certain it wouldn't be too much longer before he and Iruka-sensei were enjoying that Ichiraku special.

After racing their way through the wilderness the pair of Konoha ninja now found themselves overlooking their destination...a large, beautiful forested valley surrounded by a total of nine mountains. There was a large river flowing through the center of the valley with a waterfall pouring from the cliff they were standing on. The place was wild, and pure. It hadn't been touched in...

"It's been over 100 years since I've set foot in this place" commented Kurama.

"So where exactly are we?" asked Jiraiya.

"My home" replied Kurama. This left Jiraiya speechless for a bit.

"Your home?"

"Or at least it was my home until I decided to leave" replied Kurama. "I lived here with my mate in this valley until she was taken from me. Afterwards, I found I couldn't stay here and so I decided to move on."