032. 𝙙𝙚𝙟𝙖 𝙫𝙪

As much as Ilyana wanted to spend time 'getting to know' Neteyam, Ao'nung had occupied him first.

She was merely doing chores for her mother, finding shells and decorations and adding them to a collection in a woven basket between her arms when A0'nung waved at her from a marui.

Ilyana held up her hand and signed wait earning an eye roll from her older brother. She picked up a last shell and made her way to the marui, Ao'nung laughing as she slowly approached. She glanced at the inside; Tsireya, Lo'ak, Kiri, Rotxo, Ao'nung and a few other teenagers where gathered around in a circle.

"Come."

Ao'nung patted the woven floor beside him and Ilyana sat, placing her basket of things behind her.

"Neteyam you remember my sister."

Ao'nung had mostly did this to tease Ilyana, she knew he knew her. But not in the way everyone else did. Neteyam only remembered her from the few previous weeks he had been here. As if they have never mated before, as if they never shared a loving kiss, as if she never existed.

One of Tsireya and Ilyana's friends explained to her that they were introducing the Omaticaya kids to the Metkayina traditions of teenage romance. Of course, Neteyam had known all of this before. But with the knowledge of Ilyana going missing so had everything they had talked about and experienced together.

"Look here, Ilyana's mate gifted this handmade piece to her."

Her brother pointed towards the woven necklace that hung around her neck, just above her colar bone. Neteyam's eyebrows furrowed as he recognised the jewellery that decorated her neck, but quickly brushed it off knowing he was crazy.

"What happened?"

Kiri asked. Of course, she knew what happened. They all did. She only asked this so Neteyam too would know.

"Unfortunately he passed away."

A mumur of fake hums filled the room, they had tried to make it as decieving as possible for the clueless boy.

"I'm sorry."

Neteyam leant over and placed a hand on her hand. This was the first time they had made any physical contact. The touch had clearly sparked a memory in both Na'vi as there ears twitched and Ilyana shifted away from him quickly.

The others shared a knowing look and held hope for the young 'couple'.

"We make jewellrey for our loved ones, craftsmanship is very authentic here in Awa'atlu."

Tsireya told the Sully children. Ilyana fiddled with the shell on her necklace and moved her glance to Neteyam's wrist. He no longer wore her bracelet.

*ೃ༄AUTHORS NOTE; its so hard writing this part of the book because obviously none of this is canon so i have to make every up 😫 if anyone has any ideas for me pleaseeee feel free to message me xx
vote and comment!