01

"I've never seen you work with a partner before, Al haitham."

Al haitham smiles at this resident, a smile from him? even though it's small and looks forced, I've never seen him smile. "Moreover, that was some great work your partner did today, I think they're going to give you a run for your money if you're not careful." 

I look at Al haitham and feel a soft yet challenging smile taint my straight lips. 

On the walk home we agree that todays work is over and our new plan will begin in the morning.

"What are we supposed to do until then?" I attempt light conversation, but Al haitham continued walking, not gracing me with the luxury of a response. He stays in his cold yet deeply attractive character. 

"I did good today, didn't I?" I tease him further, knowing that he's jealous that I was able to uncover the situation before him, "Surely I deserve a reward?" 

He chuckled in response. I've known Al haitham for a while now and for the first time I've heard anything like it. That deep and soft chuckle that escaped his lips. He keeps walking silently until we reach my house. The sun had well set by now but I wasn't tired, more than anything I wanted to spend time with him. 

"Do you want to come in?"

I found myself surprised by the request I just made, usually I avoid mixing personal lives with Al haitham as we both work together and keep a mostly professional relationship.

"Sure, I wont pretend I'm not curious as to what your interior looks like... besides I could use a break." I unlock the door and he walks into my house, leaving me amazed at how well this is moving along. After locking the door and taking off my coat I turn to see Al haitham sitting in the kitchen reading a textbook. 

"That cannot be comfortable, especially after a long day." I say to him. "Well, you don't have a sofa in this tiny apartment so where should I sit?" I roll my eyes at him, of course we can't have a conversation without the sarcasm. "You can sit on my bed, if you want" I murmur, surprised by my own bold actions tonight.

He looks up from his book, his eyes taunting me "You want me on your bed that bad huh?"

"You know I don't mean it like that..." Al haitham gracefully brushes past me and sits on the edge of my bed, peacefully reading a book with contents I know are likely way above my level. These academia people have unbelievable knowledge."I'm going to get a drink!" I call out to him, "Do you want anything?" He shakes his head and turns the page. I stroll into the kitchen and get out a glass, turning on the tap. When I feel someone close to my ear, breathing on my neck.

"You're right, you do deserve a reward for your work today..." 

Al haitham's deep voice sighs into my ear. I fill up my cup, trying to maintain my composure and stop the tension from getting to me. "So tell me... what do you want?" I set my cup down on the counter. "If I'm being honest... I just want you" I feel his hands snake around my waist making me even more nervous "That works out perfectly, I want you too." 

He slides his hands down to my hips and turns me around so I'm facing him, looking into his hungry eyes. "What do you want from me?" he teases, keeping his hands resting on my waist, making me desperate for more. 

Finding myself unable to handle the tension anymore, I lean in, instantly feeling his lips on mine.