Ten: familiar hair

The village.. why was it still on my mind?

it was just a broken village. what was so important about it? I was laying in bed, I shared a bed with Thomas. I never actually slept, I haven't slept since we moved to the city. It's crowded with people, loud noises with trucks, always accidents- I can't. I need to convince myself that the city is better than the village but I just can't. I've been doing meditations, trying to keep myself calm from the city. But the noise just gets me so frustrated. Thomas said get a therapist, "Just listen to what they have to say." Therapist can't help your life I said to myself. All they're going to do to you is just tell you lies- "Try doing-" No, why don't you try doing it for once? Actually notice where you are for once.

"Im sure they will help you, why won't you trust them?" Thomas asked me. Because I can't handle it. There's so much going on in my mind that you wouldn't understand. I'm going to that village. I'm sure my therapist would tell me the same exact thing. Of course, in the middle of night would work. I got out of my van. I still didn't know what I was doing. But whatever it was, I needed to get it off my mind. But really it was just a burnt village. Nothing exciting about it, just the moon beaming on it. And it must've looked beautiful. Just imagining the village no longer burnt, the moon shining on the houses. It made me happy. This was my safe spot.

Nobody could tell me what to do, how to do it, what I need to do, I don't need a therapist, I just need me. Away from that nasty village, the horrible city, just me and the burnt village. A voice came out of nowhere. Ghost were here aswell. Then, something popped out. And there was no way I wanted to go over there. I was just sitting there. The moon was too pretty. The ghost could steal my van and I would not care to go after it. It's just the moon and me. but before I could even get up the ghost was definitely around. Was he playing tricks on me? Does he know I'm the best soccer player? Literally, I'm the best.

I wasn't scared of no ghost! I went over to it myself. Instead, there was a hair on the ground. It was brown. I picked it up. I didn't know who was here it was but maybe it was the ghost? Then it clicked. There was somebody here. Were they watching the beautiful moon with me? Probably just a robber. He was about to steal my car. I went back to the van. I dropped the piece of hair and didn't even go after the robber. At least I think it's a robber. And how much do you wanna bet that it's trying to kill me? "Wait!" A always said. It sounded weird, I wasn't sure if I wanted to go after it but I turned anyway to make sure the ghost was still there.

"You.." she caught her breath. "What are you doing here?"
"Of course someone had to ruin it. I'm chilling." I smiled. "Do you know there's ghost here? Why are you here? Haven't you heard about the missing cases?" She said. "You need to go." She whispered. So I left. I didn't want to get haunted. I wasn't risking my life to some girl. She reminded me of Milo, wait a minute- she kind of looks like Milo. Just- different. Maybe it is her and she grew? Is that offensive? I hope she didn't hear any of it. I pulled down my window. "Who are you anyway?" I asked. "You need to go, right now."
"Seriously? Not even going to tell me you're name? I understand I'm a stranger. Just to make you more comfortable, I'm Melody." And I drove off. Like I said before, I wasn't risking my life or to get haunted.

But it was definitely Milo. And I don't know if it's a coincidence or not- but I have some theories. Like, did she run away again and get haunted too? I hope she isn't a ghost.