Establishment

"Normal talking/Spell casting"
"Dragon/Demon/Transformed/other entities talking"
"Normal whispering/Spell casting"
"Dragon/Demon/Transformed/other entities whispering"
'Normal thinking/Spell casting'
'Dragon/Demon/Transformed/other entities thinking'
*action while speaking*

Time Skip, 7 Hours Later

3rd Person P.O.V.

"*growl~~* Ugggh! My stomach! I'm so hungry!"

Opening up on our protagonist, we find him holding his stomach as he treks through this unknown forest. The past few hours have dragged on in his mind, and despite his mental determination, his body is beginning to protest. He collapses to the floor, clutching at his stomach, almost deciding to finally give in to the starvation. Until,

"*sniff sniff* Food!~" The young slayer exclaims, jumping up from his position before speeding through the forest, jumping over logs and ducking under branches before happening upon a clearing with a small campfire in the center. To the left is a stream of water, and to the right is a dirt path that heads outside of the forest. The main focus of our pink haired slayer however is the cooked fish poised over the fire. He dashes forward to grab the meal and feast on it for himself. 

"Ehem." Or so he would have, if it weren't for interruption of short and stout old man in an odd and colorful outfit. Natsu briefly freezes in his attempt at feasting before turning over to take him in. The old man was about his own height, if not shorter, and was dressed like a jester, not that Natsu knew what that was. Despite being about as dense as rock, even Natsu could piece together that the food he was about for gorge himself on belonged to the old man. Before he could defend himself, his stomach spoke for him, growling once more and garnering the old man's attention and causing his expression and posture to soften. "Hungry, are we? Well, feel free. Plenty of food for myself back home."

Ntasu didn't even waste another second to eat the cooked fish, not at all bother by it's lack of seasoning or slightly burnt exterior, tearing into it with gusto. Seeing this, the old man chuckled, deciding to engage the boy in conversation after seeing him move onto licking his fingers clean and picking his teeth. "Now that you're done there, mind if I ask a few questions? I'm Makarov, by the way. Makarov Dreyar."

"Sure thing, old man! I'm Natsu Dragneel!"

Ignoring the informal, and somewhat insulting, nickname, Makarov begins his questioning, "Nice to meet you, Natsu. Can I ask why you're out here alone? Do you have any family nearby?"

Natsu briefly frowns before plastering on his signature cocky grin as he made his reply, "Nah, I only had Igneel, but I couldn't find him today. I dunno where he went, or even where I am, but I think I know why."

"Oh? And why would this "Igneel" leave you out here alone?" 'Who would leave a child alone like this? What reasoning would they have?'

"A test, I think."

"A test? What kind of test?" 'What parent would test a child like this?'

Natsu's frown returns, more contemplative than sad, as he explained "Well, Igneel was training me to be strong to handle my power, and so that I could make my own path all on my own before taking his title from him."

"His title?" 'A criminal? A dark wizard perhaps?'

"Yeah! You didn't hear me before? My dad's Igneel, the Fire Dragon King!"

"*choke, cough* S-sorry, I must've misheard you, you said that Igneel was a dragon king?" 

Makarov's shock and skepticism must've been clear to Natsu, as he was quick to exclaim with excitement and pride, "Yeah! He taught me his magic and even helped me master my own! I'm pretty strong, you know!" The boy was quick to flex his impressive muscle for his age as orange and blue flames envelop his left and write hands which, once again, startles Makarov at the sheer magic power that he can now feel emanating from the boy.