chapter 62

Life is so precious, you really never know when you will take your last breath or say your last words

Life is so precious, you really never know when you will take your last breath or say your last words. That's what scares me.

These past few long and dreadful hours have done nothing put make me sick and scared to leave if I hear something happens.

Sitting in this overly white waiting room does nothing but make my head pound. Patients walking around,talking the odd few in a panic. While I'm sat here wondering and scared to find out if Nicholas is okay, scared to know how bad this is. Even scared to know if Santiago is okay.

"It's going to be okay" I look up from the floor seeing Alec and Kehlani stood there looking upset as I am. "I just can't help but think negativity there was so much blood" I croak out. Sitting down next to me Kehlani rests her head on my shoulder. Taking my hand in hers.

"He begged me to say I loved him after he said it first" I sob making something in Alec to snap and break in utter sadness. "Oh fuck" He whispers holding his head sitting down across from us.

"I also told him I was pregnant I panicked and it just came out" I sniffle. "Wait what" Alec's eyes widen in shock. "You're pregnant?" I nod my head making him lean back. "Oh fucking hell"

"They won't let me see Santiago yet and it's killing me" I mumble wiping my eyes with the back of my palm. "Soon, I promise" Kehlani whispers squeezing my hand in hers. "Was he you know..bad?" I feel my own heart break not wanting to know.

"Mali-" I shake my head stopping Alec. "Tell me please" I beg as tears pour yet again. "He clung onto me for dear life" Kehlani whispers wiping her own eyes. "Whole way here he was crying and those cuts and bruises just hurt us more" Alec looks down at the table dropping his head down to his knees.

"Oh god what kind of mother am I" I whimper. Pushing her head off me Kehlani shakes her head stopping me. "Don't you ever say that, Santiago has the best mother he could ever have and that baby will too" She assured as Alec nods in agreement.

Peaceful silence comes after. Nothing just us breathing. I really don't know about them but right now all I can do is do a silent prayer. The clock ticking is suddenly way louder than usual.

6:30 am.

Call me whatever you want but seeing couples walk through the halls with smiles and a child with them makes my stomach flip. Jealously. That should be us right now, but here we are. Same situation as them,being in a hospital but however it's a different emotion.

"Santiago Romano?" I look to my left seeing a middle age nurse holding a clip board scanning the waiting room. Nodding I push myself up off the seat. My feet feel so heavy as I take myself out of there behind her. Listening to Alec and Kehlani call out 'We will be here if you need something' as I drag my feet.

"How is he?" I ask catching up to her. Flipping through the clipboard tapping the back of it with her pen she hums. "Poor boy had a struggle settling, however due to dehydration we currently have him on fluids" Her voice fades away as I just nod.