chapter 8

turns out ace's 'big plan' was waiting until after hours, knocking laikyn out, and dragging her to some desolate garage in god-knows-where.

"who do you work for?!" ace shouted in her face, doing an impression of someone or something you hadn't the slightest idea of.

"w-who are you?!" she cried. ace wore a 'masterful disguise' as he had put it; sunglasses, a nurse's cap, latex gloves, a surgical mask, a leotard and toe socks. why he went so far as to completely dress up, you weren't sure.

"don't worry, i won't hurt you... unless i have to!" ace shrieked, causing laikyn to cry out.

"please, please don't hurt me!" she screamed. "i haven't done anything wrong... i have two beautiful babies at home!" tears began to flow.

"oh, really?" ace inquired mockingly. "the babies of... ARTHUR FIELDPOOL?!" he shouted in her face, and sobs racked the woman's body.

"no, god, of course not! everyone around the office rumored me sleeping with him for the job. i would never, ever do it! i-i'm committed to my fiance, i made mistakes in the past with older men and i would never go back to that, ever!" laikyn continued to cry. ace quickly looked in your direction. you nodded at him, silently telling him to continue.

"the person at your workplace... same position as you, just got the newest promotion, correct? doesn't it make you SICK?!" ace cackled maniacally. laikyn gazed down at the ground sorrowfully.

"i... i do admit that, i resent them for it slightly. b-but only because... i know why arthur did it. he's a sick man, and loves.. or, i suppose, loved... to toy with people's emotions. giving them that position would make them indebted to him for life, and i knew how it felt. but i also... wanted the position myself. i wanted a high position that i had worked for, that i had rightfully earned... rather than it be given away to someone else for arthur to play his mindgames."

ace cleared his throat, the responses clearly not what he was expecting. "s-so, you... didn't kill arthur fieldpool?" laikyn cried out in terror.

"that's what this is about?! god no, i would never do such a thing! i don't even know where he lives, and my children need me home by 8:30 every night in order for them to survive! i would never sacrifice my children for such a heinous act, especially over no motive! you can ask my fiance, my children, my nanny, anyone! i wouldn't have been able to kill arthur."

ace hummed in consideration, looking off to the side. "well, i suppose we'll have to kidnap them, too!" ace shrieked. laikyn began to sob again, before her own cries were cut off by a string of sneezes.

"n-no, please- achoo! d-don't hurt my- achoo babies, or my beloved carl! i'll achoo! do anything!" ace inspected her closer after the sneezing fit, rubbing his chin. laikyn tried her best to reel back.

"no, stay away! do you have a cat here or something?" laikyn shouted, her eyes watering. only this time not with tears of sadness.

ace whistled, pulling a face. "nooope! why do you ask?" laikyn began her fit again, cursing in between sneezes.

"b-because i'm allergic! cats and their hair are the only things that can make me break out like that!" she explained hurriedly, and ace made eye contact with you before looking back at laikyn.

"i'll, uh... just be one moment," he fake-snickered, side-stepping where laikyn was restrained to talk to you.

he began with a shouty whisper, exaggerating his hand and facial movements.

"i, uhh, don't think she took your snuffy." you snorted at the man, raising your eyebrow.

"you don't say?" you mocked, and ace forced a fake laugh at your disapproval.