[26]

“Why did you do it?” You were standing infront of Luda's current cell, she was tied with chains both of her hands. Her head looking down. “Why should I tell you?” She said making you laugh. She's in the brink of death yet she still chooses to be stubborn it's just as she is.

“Then let me retract that question, Why did you question the power of a God?” You asked; She smirked. “You want to laugh? Then laugh. But let me tell you this, I will never ever regret that I killed your son, more so I killed you.” Your eyes widened you gripped at the cell as your cool gradually loses, Just the mention of your son from her mouth made your stomach churn.

“You don't deserve that happiness Y/N.” She muttered, “I simply want to see your miserable state. This isn't about Pantalone anymore either, I started to loathe you with all of my being.” You gave her a scoff, “Heh, Of course you would. However, Even If I wanted I don't want to be the kind of person that you once are so here's a little parting gift I prepared for you.” You said, opening a letter. Luca had written a letter to Luda you opened it and slid it on his prison cell.

“Read it, This is your last chance anyways.” You said.

“Luca is doing well I suppose?” You looked back and gave her a nod, “Then I don't need to read that worthless letter of him.” You shrugged, “Then suit yourself, I don't care.” You said.

Pathetic.

What made you this way, Elray?

Maybe you'll never even know why she had became this way, “On a lone tree, the snow thickens you were there carrying a crying child alone and confused. Elray.” You spoke, You heard her replied with a laugh. “People change Y/N, Sometimes its you using them or them using you, And that for sure applies to me to you.” She said.

“So you never really considered me as your friend?” Luda gave you laugh, “I used you for my own benefit, You know what's funny?” You turned your heel to her again she finally looked at you. “You could've been the adopted daughter of the Cryo Archon if you didn't leave that day.”

“I suppose everything happened for a reason, Since your life became better but you became worse version of yourself.” You replied. “What I am very curious is to, why.. why did you want to desperately want to take Pantalone from me?”

“I don't care if he was your husband. Before he met you, He was an ambitious man. I liked him first, but he never looked my way.”

“Why didn't you stop yourself? You could've got away from this situation.” She stood up but couldn't walk further to you since because of the chains,

“You wouldn't know anything, Validation means everything for me because I'm not like you. Without even trying you are friends with the harbingers, You easily get trust from the people all those thing that I couldn't reach for. Ironic isn't it?”

“A princess, Adopted daughter of an Archon yet she seems like a dust to everyone.” You looked at her, unable to speak. “Don't look at me like that, I don't need your pity.”

“Though I must say, Thank you for pretending to not know me in these years.” Your mouth curved into a smirk, “Your welcome, Then have fun with the devil in hell, Elray.” You said.

“I'll save a seat for you too.”

Things like this are bound to happen, This is fate, To think that your biggest enemy was the one who used to make you smile way back in the past. A pity really.

14 YEARS AGO.
_______

A young girl was gathering firewood for her sick mother when she found a girl about her age carrying a baby in the thick snow.

The young girl was kind, with her nature she helped her and with her naivety she befriended the other; Though what she didn't expected this person will later be the one to cause all her downfall— misery.

“Is luca's fever coming down?” You asked, She shook her head. The young girl hesitated. She was invited to attend a meeting towards a person it was suppose to be a job to provide a better medicine to her mother yet she knew the other girl needed it more. “Here go here, It's a job but I don't know what..” You said handing her the address.

She never saw her again.

But then she saw her four years later as she was introduced as the Archon's daughter. Hearing the rumors, seeing the headlines in the newspaper and hearing about her bad reputation. The kind young girl asked in disbelief, “Who is this person?” She couldn't believe.

Even more so— after knowing that this friend was the cause of death of someone she cared more so; her own son.

What made you become like this, Old friend?'

___

Columbina had tried everything to persuade Focalors that they should get to trial first but the Archon refused as she already gave out the verdict.

Everyone was standing, Luda's hair was cut and she had the same expression. Not even an ounce of regret was seen in her face.

Luda looked at the crowd as she saw you and her brother, “The Traitor, Princess Luda Elray de Tsaritsa guilty of treason upon the God of Justice, will now be executed by the guillotine.”

There wasn't a sign of resistance, “You're lucky.”

In her final moments, she looked at you and her brother and muttered those words with a bitter smile. As the guillotine's blade came in contact with her neck blood was scattered everywhere and the people rejoiced, Yet the fatui seemed defeated.