Chapter 1

Riley pov

This virus started in France. A couple months ago. Like always we never thought it would get here. A week ago it did, or maybe it was two weeks ago. It's easy to lose track of time when you're alone. I was a scrub nurse. The patient on the table died, and turned within a couple of seconds. We didn't even have time to call time. The patient just came back to life. He bit the doctor on the cardiac artery causing him to bleed out instantly. No one was fast enough to stop him. I was bit just above the elbow. When I went out in the hall it was chaos. Soldiers were shooting everything that moved. I was lucky enough to be next to a storage closet so I just hide in there. After the gun shots stopped, and everything was quiet. I went to the break room, and grabbed my bag. I dumped it out. And filled it with medical supplies, food, and water. Then I went home. When I got there savanna was gone. There was a note on the counter from my babysitter/neighbor who needed some extra money, so I gave him a job. The note read 'Riley don't panic we're okay. We went to Atlanta.'  I've been trying to get there ever since. I'm not sure were I am anymore. All I have is little supplies, the clothes on my back, and my spear. The bit for some reason keeps the walkers away from me. They don't notice me at all. I can also tell them to move if I want, but I stick to killing them. It gives me something to pass the time with. I spot another hospital. I walk in killing a few stragglers. When I get to the fifth floor I finally find something useful. Antibiotics. I hear some noise. I walk down the hall to investigate. When I see a man in a hospital gown still attached to an Iv stand. I don't know how he's still alive. "What happened?" He asks, his voice raspy.

"The world ended. Now let's get that iv out of you." I say, I lean my spear against the wall, and pull the ivs out of his arm.

"I'm Rick grimes."

"Riley Denver. What were you before all this?"

"A cop. I take it you were a nurse." He says, gesturing to my scrubs. I nod. I then go and fill my bag with medical supplies, and toss him a bottle of water.

"Drink that. You're both mawnurted and dehydrated."

"My family I need to find them." He says, as he unscrews the cap.

I throw my bag over my shoulder. "If they aren't dead then they're probably in Atlanta. That's where my babysitter took my daughter. If they're still alive."

"They are."

"Don't be so sure. You've been in a coma. You don't know how bad things have gotten." I start walking. He follows. We walk down the steps to the abalance bay. He looks at all the bodys. "Those are the ones the army put done when they went to hospital to hospital killing every living thing. If you shoot them in the head it kills them. Oh and one more thing I'm ammune."

"How do you know that?"

"Because I was bit in the beginning of this. I haven't turned yet." I point to the bandage on my arm. We enter a neighborhood. Some kid knocks Rick out. I put my arms up. "We are living." I say,

"The bandage. What is it for?" A man asks, he currently has a gun to my head.

"First off let me finish before you shoot me. Yes, I've been bit." He cocks the gun. "Hold on, I was bit back in the beginning. I haven't turned. I'm not sure about him. I just met him, but I think he was shot. He told me he was a cop before all this." The man lowers the gun.

"I'm Morgan, this here is my son Duane. Sorry about knocking him out."

"It's fine. Help me carry him." I get his arms. Morgen gets his legs. We bring him to Morgan's house and lay him down on a bed. Morgan brings me a sandwich. "Thank you."

"No problem. I'm just glad I have company. Don't get me wrong I love my son, but if it isn't about cartoons. He doesn't want to talk about it."

"I take it your wife turned."

"Yeah, do you have kids?"

"A daughter. According to a note my neighbor left that was babysitting for me that day. He took her to Atlanta. I don't know if they made it or not. I'm trying not to get my hopes up."

He places a hand on my shoulder, and smiles. "I hope you'll find them, and I have a feeling you will." I smile.

"Yeah, I hope you're right." Rick walks out of his room. The next day we leave. We grab as many guns and ammo that we can. Then pile in a cop car. Off we go.

Savanna pov

"I miss my dad." Carl says, he runs his hand over the dirt.

"I miss my mom. I'm sure they'll show up. They have to."

"Yeah,"

"Hey, kids." I hear glen say. I turn around and see him standing behind me. He was watching me, and took me here. "Lunch is ready." He says, to us. He sits down next to us, and hands both of us cans. "Not the best, but it's food." He says, with a shrug. I eat the cold canned corn with my hands. He sighs, "you're still mad at me?"

"Yes." He shakes his head.

"I'm sorry. Your mother trusted me. I did what I thought I had to do." I throw the corn at him.

"My mother is still alive." I yell, I feel tears welling up in my eyes. I jump up, and run. I don't know where I'm going. Until I run into someone.

"Running away are you?" I look up to see Darryl standing there. His crossbow in hand.

"Sorry sir." I mutter,

"Let's get you back to camp."

"No, I don't want to go back!" I  scream,

"To bad." He pushes me forward. "Found a wander." He says, once he pushes me over to glen.

"Yeah, I'm not exactly her favorite person right now." Glean says, I stomp off.

"Hey where are you going?" Carl asks, running after me.

"Go away." I say, pushing him.

"Carl come here." Lori yells after him. He doesn't listen. He gets in front of me, and hugs me tight.

"Breath." He whispers, so i do. I feel slightly better. Not much better though, but still better.