Episode 1: Card Game

Louis and another boy was at a stew pot. "Hey, guys." Clem said.
"Clem, AJ, Y/n, this is Omar. Sorry, Chef Omar." Louis said.
"Hi, and no its not done yet." Omar said.
"Omar's a protectionist. The slightest flavor out of place and he's grumpy for a week." Louis said.
"I'll let ya know when it's done." Louis said. AJ approached Marlon to apologize. "Clementine and Y/n, right? I'm Brody." Brody said.
"Hey there. And uhh, the pup?" I asked.
"This is Rosie." Marlon said.
"I'm really sorry for hitting you. Can we please stay here and not get killed by monsters?" AJ said.
"Don't sweat it, buddy. You can make it up to me by teaching me your technique. You are a regular heavyweight." Marlon said.
"Hey Clem! AJ! Stew's done!" Louis called.
"You guys earned your supper, after all." Marlon said. "Hey, Y/n, stay here for a second."
"Uhh...okay." I stopped moving. "Do i not earn my food? Should I sit down?" I asked.
"No. You deserve your food because of my mistake--"
"Oh god, relax, Marlon." I interrupted Marlon. "Louis gave me this same apology. It's fine. I'm not gonna hold it against you." I said. We went to the table and took a seat. "Ladies and gentlemen, dinner is served." Louis said as he sat Clem's bowl down.
"Can't remember the last time we had a hot meal." Clem said as she drank some of her soup. "Mm, this is really good." She said. AJ was drinking his straight from the bowl. Then Louis let out a burp. I could tell that Ruby, the girl that AJ first apologized to, was irritated. "Slow it up, AJ. You're gonna choke." Clem said to AJ. I let out a burp. "Sorry." I said.
"Just because everything else died doesn't mean manners did." Ruby said. "I'm gonna say goodnight."
"Goodnight." AJ said. He finished his soup and looked at us. "Sorry, pal. I'm sure they shared as much as they could." I said.
"AJ. Heads up!" Louis said. He passed his bowl to AJ. "I'm full, kiddo. You can have the rest."
"You sure?" Clem asked.
"You bet." Louis said. Me and Clem smiled. I could tell he wasn't, but he's just way too kind. Something told me that he was doing it to impress us or something. "All done." AJ said.
"Yeah. Me too." Clem said.
"Same here." I said.
"Great. Now we can do something more important." Louis said. He pulled out a stack of cards.
"Oh god. Goodnight." Brody said. AJ walked over to Tenn. "Violet, its time!" Louis called her over. She got up and came to sit with us. "Whats the game tonight, Lou?" Marlon asked.
"War."
"Everyone gets a stack of cards. Everyone flips one over. Highest card wins." Violet explained.
"And the winner gets to ask Clem or Y/n a question." I gave Louis a look. "What? I wanna get to know you. We all do."
"Well, if we win, we ask one of you a question. Fair?" I asked.
"Its only fair." Louis said. Clem looked at AJ. I couldn't help but look too. He was talking to Tenn. "C'mon. You can take your eyes off him for one card game. I'll bet you could both use a break."
"Yeah, maybe." Clem said. "Its nice to see him acting like a little boy again."
"Yeah. It is." I said. We all flipped a card. By the looks of it, Violet won. "Way to go me. So, about AJ...where are AJ's parents?" Violet asked. "You two don't look too related to him."
"They died. They were nice people. For the most part." Clem told them.
"Makes sense. He's a nice kid." Louis said.
"For the most part." I finished Louis' sentence. We flipped again. Clem won. "Hey, I win." She said.
"What do you want to know?" Louis asked.
"Whats up with your haircut, Marlon?" Clementine asked.
"I was wondering that too. Thats the worst mullet i've ever seen." I said.
"I look cool."
"Whatever you say." Violet said. "But Y/n's right. It looks and probably smells like a dead cat."
We flipped again. Louis won. "Booyah." He exclaimed. He hesitated before asking. "So, uh...ever, uh...ever had a boyfriend?" Louis asked.
"Oh, my god." Violet smashed her hand against the table.
"No. Never."
"Well, there was a boy once." I brought up. "But Clem and him were just friends. Don't try anything." I scowled. Louis put his hands up defensively. "Right-o." He said.
We flipped again. Marlon won. "Ha. I won. So, Y/n. You look like you're around 22. Did anyone else take care of you and Clem?" Marlon asked.
"The first person who taught us about survival was Lee. Taught us a lot of stuff." I told him.
"Most important thing?"
I looked at Clem. "How to shoot a gun." I said. "Me and Clem practice regularly."
We flipped again. This time, I won. "Hey, i won. So, whats the worst injury you ever witnessed? Human or walker." I asked.
"I saw a walker get hit in the head so hard, his eyeballs flew out. Pretty cool." Violet said.
"I saw someone with their intestines pulled all the way out. Like, ALL the way. It goes for a while. We got a lot of guts." Louis said. We flipped again. Violet won. "Victory Violet. A question i love asking in groups is who do you think will die first."
"Marlon." I said. "Oh, you said who I think WILL die first. Marlon." I said.
We flipped again. Marlon won again. "Now its me again, what happened there?" Marlon asked, pointing at my left hand, which was missing it's ring finger. "When I was 18, i was getting AJ out of a car, and when I did, the door slammed on my finger. Hurt like a motherfucker." I said.
"I nearly dropped AJ when you gave him to me and your hand got stuck in the door." Clem said.
"Hardest part was, it wasn't fully broken off yet, so I had to chop the rest of it off. I also cut my hand in the crash, do you guys got a first aid?"
"There's one in our dorm room." Clem said.
"Great. Let us continue playing, then."
We flipped again. Louis won. "So uhh...ever...never mind."
"Ask, Louis." I said.
"Ever had to kill someone you loved?" Louis asked.
"Lee. It was Lee. I killed him the same day I found our parents were dead." Clem said. "I think I'm done playing for tonight." Clem said. Me and her rose from the table. "Come on, AJ. Time to feel human for the night." I said. Marlon ran over. "Come find me in the morning. We'll talk about making this long term." Marlon said.
"We can stay?" AJ asked.
"We'll talk about it." Marlon said. He sounded pretty sure. "Thanks, Marlon." I said. I walked in with Clem and AJ.