𝟎𝟏𝟒 - feelings.

that's okay, because i do.

    𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐎𝐎𝐍 as those words left robin's mouth, finney's face went hot and his core ruptured with warmth, engulfing the rest of his body as it spread. taken aback, his lips parted the tiniest bit in surprise and his pupils dilated, as a result his eyes widening; he stared at robin's face, studying it for any signs that what he said was a joke- something that he didn't mean, something that wasn't supposed to be taken seriously- but instead he found nothing but sincerity.

he didn't know how he felt. dumbfounded, overjoyed, amazed, shocked? it was like all these feelings merged into one, overwhelming each and every muscle in his body. finney wanted to move, say something, do something, but he just couldn't. all while robin stared into his eyes, awaiting some type of answer, with a look on his face that made finney melt.

robin continued supporting finney's face with his hand, watching as finney's eyes inspected his face. he watched as a red hue found itself on the boy's freckled cheeks, how his eyes sparkled under the buzzing light above; he watched as the boy's lips parted and he felt his breath quicken. he could feel finney's heart begin to beat erratically, despite the fact his hand was under his chin, nowhere near to his heaving chest.

on the outside, robin kept a calm, confident facade, but inside he was screaming. he'd wanted to drop some type of hint that he was interested in the boy, and he couldn't hide the fact he enjoyed the effect his words had on finney, but what will happen next? what will he say? what will he do? how will he react?

finney was overcome by emotion. he didn't know what to say, what to do, how he should react. hell, he hadn't even thought about his feelings like that yet. although, deep down, he knew the way he thought about robin weren't thoughts that you'd think about someone you'd class as just a friend. friends don't think about one another every free minute of the day, they don't get all hot and fuzzy whenever they make 'suggestive' comments as a joke and they sure don't fantasise about how their relationship could bloom in the future.

he opened his mouth to speak, wanting to give robin any sort of answer, but no words came out. he tried looking down, to just continue checking robin's injured hand, but he couldn't rip his eyes away from robin's expectant gaze. he tried to move, either closer or further away, but his feet stayed rooted in his place. he was genuinely frozen, unable to move, speak, do anything.

however, during this time (which seemed like hours, but in reality was only a few seconds) the bathroom door busted open, creating a deafening thud as it hit the grimy, tiled wall. the unexpected sound seemed to break finney from his trance, allowing not only his but also robin's head to snap in its direction, eyes landing on a familiar face.

❝were you just skipping without me, dickwads?❞

────────────

all three boys were currently on their way to find a lunch spot, after the best lesson of their lives. finney had never thought that he would ever say he enjoyed a class like history, but here he was, admitting that this had to be one of the most fun, exciting and entertaining lessons ever.

actually, he could say that about basically every lesson he had today. usually, finney would sit in the back, focused on nothing but the teacher, the whiteboard, and his notes. no distractions, no entertainment (other than his rocket pen) and absolutely no-one to talk to. but today was different- he always had either robin or vance in his class, and as all the teachers he'd had so far today wanted to uphold some type of good first impression, they allowed both robin and vance to pick their seats, which always happened to be right next to finney.