Author's Note: An Explanation

Hey everyone,

As you may have noticed, Revenge has been unpublished. It wasn't an easy decision by far. I have people commenting and voting and adding to their libraries daily, the support has been so overwhelming (in a good way)! Thank you!

I started this story years ago thinking it wouldn't get many reads or gain much popularity, but boy was I wrong. I am incredibly grateful for all of the love!

This leads me to the point of this letter. Revenge took a direction that I hadn't planned, and I believe it was because I was trying to pump out chapters in a timely manner, but in turn, I sacrificed the storyline that was intended when I started. I planned on having a strong female lead, which only turned out to be a meek, cowardly girl who doesn't really fit the character of someone wanting to get revenge. I didn't do Aria justice. I dragged out chapters for no apparent reason. I'm just not happy with my work. When I've tried to write new chapters recently, it's been like pulling teeth. The motivation is gone, but my adoration for the story remained. I decided that the readers deserved better than some half-assed chapters written with gritted teeth and an uncertainty of where the story was now going, only to get to the end.

Revenge has garnered over 150k reads and it hurt my heart to unpublish it, knowing there ARE people out there that like it.

I like to think my writing has improved over the years, although I don't consider myself a great writer, I'd like to give it another go. I've been slowly planning out chapters, so I don't go into it blindly again. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas of what they'd like to see in the new version, please comment!! I'd love to hear what you guys think. Whether it be changing to writing in first person, writing in both Draco and Aria's point of view, more Blaise, less Blaise, etc. do we want her to be friends with Pansy this time instead of enemies? More or less involvement with Harry and co.? The possibilities are endless!! I would love to know what the readers want to see. I do know that wishing Aria was in Slytherin was a popular opinion, and I'm taking that into serious consideration 😂 I'm more comfortable writing Slytherin characters anyway!

Anyway, I do know I'll probably lose readers through this but I couldn't live with myself while publishing half-assed work. Please forgive me! To those who stick around, I hope I do it justice this time 🤍

Much love,
lex