JUST LIKE HEAVEN

━━━━━━━━━━

𝐽𝑈𝑆𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁!
𝐽𝑈𝑆𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁!
𝐽𝑈𝑆𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁!

𝐽𝑈𝑆𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁!𝐽𝑈𝑆𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁!𝐽𝑈𝑆𝑇 𝐿𝐼𝐾𝐸 𝐻𝐸𝐴𝑉𝐸𝑁!

' strange as angels

dancing in the deepest oceans

twisting in the water

you're just like a dream '

just like heaven - the cure

JUST LIKE HEAVEN, a ghosts fanfiction ━━━━━━━━━━ avery quinn knows three things - music, shakespeare and coffee. after a whirlwind childhood, she's finally made a name for herself - performing the elizabethan legend's work across the country. she's happy, she's proud of herself.

and she has certainly no longer has any intention of dying young.

after all, she has a potentially incredible future ahead of her - a prolific stage career, her name on prestigious awards, perhaps even love and a family once the time arrives. but all that is put to a stop when a trip to a countryside stately home goes horrendously awry. tragically crushed by falling stage equipment during a final practice of lady macbeth's monologue before the big show, avery quinn dies.

she really should've known it was a bad omen.

now somehow ruled by the legal boundaries of the grounds of button house, avery finds herself trapped in what appears to be purgatory with the varying bunch of fellow no-longer-living who already inhabit the manor. there's a regime-obsessed second world war captain, a decapitated advisor to the tudor crown, and even a caveman. an actual real caveman, who happens to be surprisingly good at chess. at least there's one saving grace to connect her to the modern world - alison cooper, current lady of the house, who can for some strange reason both see and hear every one of them.

but avery will soon come to realise that being dead might not be as bad as she'd originally thought. in fact, it might be the thing to give her a new lease on life entirely - to forget the past and move on, even if it's not literally.

and she might even discover a kindred spirit along the way. especially when the melodramatic regency era poet who's been avoiding her since she arrived suddenly starts asking her for song recommendations.