SAM PLS LIKE THTHIS ISTG

Yawn.
You sat up, staring at the clock after a long nap. Exactly 5AM. It was still dark & foggy outside and you watched as the rain hit the glass of the window. You don't usually wake up this early, it was because of your noisy roommate, making loud jumping sounds in the room across from yours. You always hear him doing that, for hours, and if you're lucky you'll only hear him for 5 hours and then he stops, but usually he goes on for 12 hours.
You can't be rude to him, it's hard for you since he's staying with you after something bad happened with his mother at home. He struggles with communication and hates physical contact from people he doesn't feel comfortable with, and you respect that, but you were so close to just barging in there to see whatever he was doing. You got up softly, trying not to make the wooden floors creak, you put a tank top over your binder and some jean shorts on. You walked over to the door across from you, knocking gently.

" Adam? Can you come here please? "
You heard a few clicks and then the sounds of him coming over to the door.
He opened it, looking down at you with a straight face.

" Yes, What is it Sam? " He spoke harshly but you could tell he wasn't trying to be rude, and he was just neutral.

" Could I come in for a second? "

" Okay. " He opened the door wider, letting you in and moving some stuff out the way to make it easy for you to sit down on his bed. He went to sit with you and you got straight to the point.

" So, Adam, you know that I wouldn't do anything to upset you but.. I was just wondering.. what is it with all that jumping around or banging noises in here? It keeps me up at night.. a lot. And obviously that's not your fault, but it's just a little bothersome. That's all. " You attempted to make it sound as polite as possible.

" Oh. That's just Dance Dance Revolution. " He spoke quietly while pointing to the machine he had on his
floor.

" I like that game. I don't play it all the time, though. " You gave him a smile to try and ease the tension.

" I suppose you wouldn't. I could try to tone it down if you'd like, I just really enjoy this game. " He said.

" Sure, sure.. thanks for at least thinking about it. I mean, now that I'm already up, I guess we can watch television together. We need to hang out more often. "

You tried to think of something that could benefit you and Adam's bond. Because, to be honest, Adam was very bland. You knew it was probably because of his autism, so he generally wouldn't like speaking too much with others unless he really felt comfortable with them. You wanted him to stop being so neutral around you and a bit more enthusiastic.

" Okay. What do you want to watch? "

" What is something you'd like to watch? "

" I don't know. Maybe SpongeBob. "
That comment made you laugh a little.

" Is that why you still have that SpongeBob plush from when you were a kid? "  You looked back at him.

He smiled a little at this, and it made you feel like you'd gained some trust from him by bringing up something from his childhood. That made you happy.

" Sure, I guess. " He fidgeted with his fingers a little.

" Ok, Well, How about we watch Everything Sucks? "

" Is that a show you like? " He asked, now seeming a little more engaged in the conversation.

" Yea. I'm almost done with it, but maybe if you'd like we could watch the rest with each other? "

You went on a small rant about how much you liked the show, and the entire time he just stared at you, slightly smiling.

" It sounds interesting. We should watch it together. " He reached to grab his remote off his desk and sat back down next to you, grabbing a pillow and leaning it against the wall behind you and backing up to sit up against the wall.
You did the same, looking at him with a smile on your face as he stared at the screen, turning on the show.
You looked at the television as the show came on and you two watched it for a good 25 minutes in silence before you softly put your head down on his shoulder.