Lonely Girls

In the morning, the three girls decided to go to Luke's for breakfast. When they walked in it was busier than usual.

"It's so weird seeing him talk like that?" Lorelai looks at Luke talking to a customer.

"Like what?" Rory asks.

"All friendly. He's usually only good for a quick couple of gruff monosyllables and then he's off."

"He is the master of the monosyllable." Y/N agrees.

"He's never flirted with any of the women, did you notice that?" Lorelai asks.

"He's flirted with you numerous times." Rory says.

"Don't start" Lorelai warns.

"Flirt with him now I need coffee" Y/N says.

"Oh, Luke!" Lorelai exclaims in a Southern accent. "We are just dyin' for some refreshments!"

"Keep your pants on!" Luke yells in return.

"He can turn it off and on so fast" Lorelai shakes her head.

"What can I get you?" Luke asks finally walking over.

"3 muffins plus lots and lots of coffee!" Y/N smiles at him.

"Coming right up"

"Hey about that CD I found under the car seat earlier..." Rory starts.

———————————————————————————-
"Ugh the car won't start!" Lorelai complains.

"What happened?" Y/N asks.

"I don't know, it's just dead! And it started to make this horrible sound"

"What kind of sound?" Rory asks.

Lorelai does a terrible impression of a car engine.

"That's the battery" Y/N says.

"What did I ever do to make the battery mad?!" Lorelai exclaims.

"Let's see, you kept the radio on all night killing the battery," Rory begins

"You've kept the lights on all night kill the battery,"   Y/N adds.

"You've kept the door open, which keeps the ceiling light on all night, killing the battery."

"Ok well, I've done multiple things to make the battery mad." Lorelai confesses.

"This thing is too small!" Rory complains trying to shove a book into her already filled backpack.

"That backpack is not too small!" Y/N says.

"It is"

"Take all your school books and leave the other books."
Lorelai suggests.

"I need all of my other books!"

"Rory, you have 7 different books in your backpack, that aren't for school. You don't need more than that." Y/N says.

"Yes I do! I like to have options!"

Rory finally fits everything in and the two girls head off to school.

*****

Lunch finally arrives.

Rory and Y/N do as they do every lunch time. They take out a book and a pair of headphones.

Y/N was listening to her favorite band, The Smiths, when the two girls were suddenly accompanied by another woman.

"Hello girls, I'm Mrs. Burgoness, the guidance counselor. You two are the Gilmore twins, correct?"

"Yes" Y/N nods.