Chapter 1

Prologue

Honestly, I just wish I couldve been the first choice just once...
I spaced out without even realizing it.

My best friend Amelie tapped my shoulder.
"Pst.. hey you good?"
Huh? No the fuck?!
"Yeah I'm good." I replied.
I looked at him.

Amelie stared at me.
"Please excuse us." She spoke.
She took my arm and went straight to the bathroom. Gosh was this really embarrassing.

"Here, y/n. I know it's hard for you, but we agreed that you'd move on. You even said it's for the best!"
Amelie handed me a cotton pad. I used it to wipe off the sweat on my face that I had been holding since this whole stupid meetup took place.
I sighed.
"I know. But I don't know why I'm feeling this way. Just seeing his face makes me want to freaking- ughh." I groaned.
Amelie looks at me with a comforting look.
"You wanna go home? There's always next time."
I look at my reflection in the bathroom mirror.
"Okay you know what, your right. There is, let's go home."

We walk out of the bathroom. Amelie held my arm tightly, and so did I with her comforting hands.
"Something came up, it was nice seeing you guys again!" She announced.
I took my bag from my chair while trying to avoid eye contact with him, as Amelie went ahead to hug her old classmates. As I went towards the exit, I suddenly slipped on some toilet paper that seemed to be stuck on the bottom of my heels.
Shit I thought, as I was falling mid air. But then someone caught me.
I looked up to see a tall man whose arms I am apparently in.
Oh.. My.. GOD was he attractive.
"Y/n you okay?!" Amelie gasped.
Everyone stared. I stood up quickly and ran out the door. Amelie was chasing after me. And as I looked back, I saw the tall handsome man just staring at me? Oh why does this have to happen to me? I happened to have caught a glimpse of him staring at me aswell.

Great.

As I arrived home, I went straight to my bed. 6 missed calls from Ame❤️. I sighed and went out to my balcony. I looked up at the stars. Were they always this bright? As I was planning on calling back Amelie, something caught my eye.
  ——⭐️
A shooting star! I have never seen one before. It shined bright, maybe even brighter than the sun! This must be a sign... I threw my phone on the stool and made a wish.
Please... just let me be the first choice for once.
The star shined even brighter and then just faded away. Did it work?
Suddenly I felt... tired.

Blank.

I woke up to my phone ringing. Did I fall asleep on the balcony? I checked my phone.
That's weird.. 5 new messages from.... Him.