𝐯.

| ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғɪᴠᴇ |

Kassie and Hazel had never really been too close, not like Hazel and Minnie or Christian, or Kassie with Minnie, but Hazel was glad when it changed. Kassie extended a job offer to Hazel after she'd asked Minnie for her mother's cafe. The quaint food place was possibly the only food place in Forks that wasn't excessively old or filled with junk food. Having been passed to her mother by her grandmother, Kassie felt great pride within the place and, having said similar words when she asked Hazel and Minnie, wanted to ensure that the cafe was worked at by the best of the best. Of course, Hazel was sure Minnie was just saying that, but it felt nice to hear that consideration.

"I figured having something else to do now that you don't have to worry about school work would be nice," Kassie looked over her shoulder towards Hazel and Minnie, pausing her mopping momentarily to grin pair. "Beside, Mins, I figured you needed an excuse to get out of your little hobbit hole you call a bedroom."

"You love my little hobbit hole bedroom," Minnie shot back, narrowing her eyes at her girlfriend.

Kassie merely rolled her eyes. Minnie let out a dramatic gasp and turned to Hazel, eyes silently asking the taller individual. Hazel gave her a nod, biting back a grin, and returned to the counter she was wiping down. Minnie let out a huff only moments before her facade finally crumbled, and she ended up giggling at herself

"You know, I asked you this Hazel for your benefit as well." Hazel's eyes flicked up tp Kassie.

"Because you know I like money?" Hazel joked.

"We already knew that, that's why you've got those Cullen's hook, line and sinker," Minnie replied, adding to the humorously inaccurate tidbit with another giggle.

"I guess the Cullens come into it, but it's not about how disgustingly rich they are," Kassie hummed, smiling. "It's because the only places you ever seem to go of your own accord are their house or yours. We have to drag you places."

"Technically, you're still dragging me here because it's my job..." Hazel noted, tossing Kassie a pointed look, only to receive one in return, "but I understand what you're getting at." Hazel picked up her cloth and glanced down at it. "I feel bad sometimes because I feel like I've just let you guys down. I've got this strange commitment to the Cullens, and I'm trying to figure out a bunch of things, and that's no excuse because you guys, my friends, were my first commitment. And I miss hanging out with you guys as much."

"Aw, Haz." Minnie's coo was soft as she stepped closer to Hazel, abandoning her cleaning of the display cabinet to pull her friend into a hug. "You could never let us down. We completely understand because we're going through similar things, you realise. I mean, hell, Kassie and I didn't see anyone except each other outside of school for like a solid month when we first started dating. We still sometimes do that."

"Minnie sometimes tells me that we could get married and travel to another country, and we'd still have the same amount of communication that we have right now," Kassie spoke. She raised her mop and dumped it into the bucket, leaning against it as she watched the pair. "I think she's just overexaggerating how little we talk."

"Okay, but I'm pretty sure that's normal anyway," Hazel replied. Then she paused, thinking it over in her head before a snort escaped her mouth. "Or maybe it's just our friend group."

Minnie shrugged. She stepped back to her task, offering Hazel one final glance.

"What is it?"

"You know I want to travel, Haz," Minnie began, reaching her hand back into the shelving. Hazel frowned at her, eyebrows furrowed, but nodded nonetheless. "I was just curious if you had any plans to, y'know? Speaking of your rich lovers again. They planning on taking you somewhere?"

Hazel turned her gaze to the cloth in her hands, then shrugged. "I'm not sure," Hazel replied. "And if I did want to go travelling, anyway, I really wouldn't want them to spend their money on me. It feels... bad." She twisted the cloth in her hands. "It sort of feels like I'm just getting it easy and you know how much I hate that. I want to be able to earn where I go for my first trip."

"And then you'll use their money for the rest," Minnie spoke with a false tone of realisation. She pointed at Hazel and nodded as the other two giggled. "Gotcha."

"Gods, you're terrible, Mins," Hazel sighed.

"You know, when Hazelnut told me you wanted to hang out, little man," Hazel glanced up from the kitchen bench where she was preparing cut fruit to see Emmett frowning at her brother, "I didn't think it was because you wanted me to do her homework with you."

Hazel smiled gently at the pair, which only grew when Anthony let out an exasperated sigh.

"Mum said I had to do some more of this stupid assignment before I was allowed to play." He turned his head in Hazel's direction and narrowed his gaze at her. "Hazel's keeping watch on me for mum."

"We're not letting you stoop to my level," Hazel replied, pointing her finger at him. "Besides, it's science. You're good at science. It's not even too much, anyway."

"I know." Anthony sighed and turned back to his work.

Hazel hummed with a smile. She placed down the knife and gathered the remainder of the sliced fruit into a bowl. She grabbed it and walked around to the pair. Placing it down, Hazel took the chair opposite Emmett, beside Anthony, and placed her finger onto the paper he was writing on.

"I'll let you go once you finish that sentence, yeah?" Anthony raised his gaze to her once more. She sent him a wink, and he grinned at her. "Just don't tell Mum."

"See," her brother moved his hand as fast as he could to write the remainder of his sentence, "this is why you're my favourite sister." He slammed down the pen after aggressively dotting the page, then turned to Emmett. "C'mon, let's go!"

As soon as Anthony was out of the chair, Emmett grabbed him and tossed him over his shoulder as Anthony groaned. Hazel let out a sigh as she looked back to the bowl of fruit. Mere seconds after Anthony and Emmett had retreated outside, Hazel straightened up. She blinked and frowned.

"I'm your only sister!" She cried, knowing Anthony, at least, wouldn't be able to hear. She heard a giggle and turned in her chair. Alice was stepping closer, a smile placed on her lips and, as she arrived by Hazel's side, pressed a kiss to the girl's forehead. "I made us fruit, and he doesn't even acknowledge it."

"You did tell him that he could go out and play, so I think he was too excited." Alice pulled the chair out beside Hazel and peered at the fruit. "If I could eat that without consequences, I would, honey, don't worry."

Hazel let out a soft laugh as she watched Alice. "I love you."

"I know," Alice returned her golden eyes to the girl and beamed. "I love you, too."

AUTHOR'S NOTE

hello sweet things, how are you? I hope you're all doing well, taking care of yourselves and not pushing yourself. kisses and hugs for you all.

I literally completed this chapter like fifteen minutes before my shift at my new job (literally freaking out internally rn) so my apologies if the formatting/words/grammar are weird or wrong.

anyways, thank you all for reading! vote and comment if you wish and I will see you next time! bye! :)