Chapter 5

(Tej's POV)

"Mmm-hmm. Yeah, right." Roman mutters as he grabs another candy from the vending machine. "This is crazy, man."

"What are you talking about now?" I question. "Man, your mouth is always running about something. I'm surprised it hasn't run away."

Roman throws a mean mug my way as he unwraps his candy bar.

"You know what man, whatever, as I was SAY-ing I'm sitting here looking at these images, and it's like we're hunting our evil twins. You see it? Cause I see it!" Roman exclaims as he points at the display screens. "Look at this black dude right here, he's handsome. Clearly that's me!"

Shaking my head, I stare at Roman in bewilderment. There are children that have a better attention span.

"We got a white Hobbs, this is Han. Tej, it's an African in a beanie. That's like your mini-me, man." Roman laughs and I divert my attention away from the clear disrespect.

"And Brian! When did you do this photo shoot? I'm just playing, man. You know you're the prettiest blonde around here." Roman states as Brian flips him the bird.

Everyone's attention is diverted from Roman's babbling as Hobbs' drives into the garage.

"Alright, lock it up! We got two things. First off, this is the worst damn city in the world to commit a crime. They got cameras on every street corner. I got video footage from CCTV of the raid. Let's track that and see where it leads us. And secondly, we just got confirmation on what Shaw's crew grabbed from Interpol." Hobbs says as we all make our way towards him. "They've ripped off a database of every location that houses the final component that they need."

"So where are they at?" Brian asks.

"There are over two dozen of them around Europe." Riley interjects.

"But the list is only good for 96 hours. Which means, wherever Shaw's crew is going to hit next, it's going to happen within the next four days. They've gotta a window and so do we. We gotta move." Hobbs informs.

"Hobbs is right. So let's break this down. You've met 'em, so what do we know?" Dom leads.

"We know they have to be running custom engines. You heard that flip car going through those gears." I state.

"Sequential transmission." Han says.

"That didn't sound like a normal engine." Gisele questions.

"That was a turbo diesel." Letty speaks up.

"It sounded like something you hear at Le Mans." Brian agreed.

"Did you see it take all those hits and still stay flat in the corners?" I question.

"Yeah, hydraulics." Roman answers.

"Or magnetic suspension." Brian questions.

"Who not only has access to those components but can build something like that?" Letty asks the question we're all thinking.

"Maybe a handful of shops in London." Brian says.

"Regular tuner shops aren't going to cut it on this one. We're going to have to dig deeper than that." Dom states. "Han, Giselle, Roman you're up. We find the guy that made that car, we find Shaw."

******

(Jai's POV)

Driving around London I take in the warmth of the early morning sun. The hustle and bustle of the streets mixed with the abundant greenery of the UK, has always been something I've admired about this part of the world. This is definitely a place I could see myself settling down. It may not be the streets of LA, but sometimes change is just what you need. Passing Heathrow Airport, I coincidentally spot none other than Mia Toretto attempting to hail a cab.