Stolen

Damian's POV

I hear a rustling sound. There is no one awake at this time of night, however. Perhaps Todd trying to sneak in?

I walk out of my room and into the hallway, where I see a figure, shrouded in darkness. She wears an all black bodysuit with a black leather jacket. She has a bandanna tied over her mouth and nose, and a pair of cat ears on her head.

The only thing odd about her is her slitted green eyes. Her ears twitch in my direction and she grabs the Cat's Eye Emerald, stuffing it in a sack.

Thief.

She winks at me before turning and jumping out the window.

I run to my room to change into my Robin suit, jumping out my window to chase her lithe figure over the rooftops.

I eventually catch up to her, grabbing her elbow right as she's about to leap onto another roof.

I haul her back onto the ledge as she struggles, trying to kick free. Finally, I grab her, pinning her on a chimney with her hands over her head. "Why did you steal that emerald?" I demand. She smirks and says, "Oh, birdie. Wouldn't you like to know. Also, if you wanted to top me, you just had to ask."

In a moment of weakness, I release her hands, embarrassed. She takes that moment to shove me away and escape with the jewel.

THE NEXT DAY

I'm still in a bad mood.

The girl only took the Emerald, even though there were much more valuable things here. I don't like it.

Father has announced that we are hosting a French exchange student, Marinette Fu. I did research on her and she looks like any other harlot at school.

A driver (not Alfred) picks her up from the airport and she arrives at the Manor. She looks completely different than her school picture. Her hair is down, a leather jacket and gun adorn her waist, and she's staring at Alfred.

Wait, what?

I turn to see her launch herself at Alfred, yelling, "Alfie! I haven't seen you in so long, where did you run off to?" He laughs, saying, "Marinette, I only went home." Then, she lifts her head. I see the calculating look in her eyes. They look familiar, not in color, but...

The thief!

I lunge at her but she simply dodges, knocking the blade from my grasp with a swipe of her hand. She whirls around me, hitting some random parts of my body. I fall to the floor, numb. "I apologize for the chi-blocking as well as the stolen Emerald, but I needed to protect it. Stealing it was my only option, as Alfie knows."

She holds her hand out to me, hauling me off the floor and looks at everyone. "I was a hero for years as well, Batfamily. You should close your jaws." We shut our mouths, slowly getting over the shock of her knowing our identities. Before I can threaten her, her phone rings and she immediately answers, walking away.

"What's wrong?...No, I'm not going to kill her. You know my rules now! Yes, I promised my mother. No more being an assassin. ...Yes, Lie-la is a b*tch, but not all of us can be perfect."

She mutters some curses in Mandarin, Latin, Greek, and some other language I don't recognize. "Crap. I'm on my way. Don't wait up." She hangs up and turns to us. "Alfie, we have a situation with the Miraculous. Feel free to explain to the rest of them." We are all confused but let her run out the door.