ABSTRACT

:::**•°✾°•**:::

...:::**•°✾°•**:::...

❝ And when I turned to face grief,

I saw that it was just love

in a heavy trench coat. ❞

- Shannon Berry

●∘◦❀◦∘●

The world had been changing radically, horrifically, and instantaneously. And the harder the world grew, Lucy felt she had to get harder to match.

Convincing herself that her life was always meant to end in a fist fight was the easy part. Coming to terms with the possibility that her life held so much weight in the grand scheme of things, or when she was solely convinced that fulfilling orders to fulfill a higher purpose was all she was meant for, only to discover that she had been spoon fed lies since the moment she joined SHIELD . . . wasn't exactly on her bucket list. Just because Lucy was no stranger to deceit, didn't mean she enjoyed the tidal waves crashing over her and suffocating her slowly, ever so intimately until she finally sinks down to the bottom.

But she wasn't alone in deciphering the mysteries that made her question every fiber of her being, that she wasn't the only one trying to rip her body open and check to see if the goodness her parents had constantly instilled in her was really true. Maybe she was never really alone in the first place.

Maybe some things, and some people, could soften her life. It's only cause of the abundance of her companions, and what they teach one another, that enriches her life to the fullest. Like Steve Rogers, another tidal wave that washes over her and makes Lucy question all of her hopes, dreams, and aspirations.

The only difference was that this wave would always bring her back to shore. And Lucy just might let him.

●∘◦❀◦∘●